MSC Lirica Cruise Review by Yolanda Masry: MSC Lirica - Southern Caribbean

Compare Prices on MSC Lirica Southern Caribbean Cruises

MSC Lirica - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2006
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I traveled on the Lirica on February 15, 2006 for 11 days. Embarkation was fast, and efficient, the welcoming staff was excellent, starting with Mr. Fontana (Hotel Manager) who happened to be there and remembered us from other cruises, he gave us the nicest welcome onboard; from that moment on we knew that this was going to be the perfect cruise.

We have been on many cruises and never been on a ship hospitality they are famous for.

The Lirica sparkles, it is absolutely clean, I understand they received a score of 99 by the US Health Department, I know they are right, because they are constantly cleaning over the clean. EXCELLENT.

Our cabin was immaculate, we had two cabin attendants, Odette and Erik, very very nice, sweet, always smiling and cleaning, fixing, making sure everything was always right. EXCELLENT.

As far as the food, our experience was superlative; we are vegetarians and for the first time ever we were understood by More our own table supervisor Mr. Zvonimir, he made sure that we had a fabulous salad at every meal, and an interesting vegetable dish for lunch and dinner, he is a very dedicated gentleman that not only catered to us but to all his assigned tables, with great care and interest, I saw him bringing special dishes to several other tables, he also treated us to his own olive oil from Croatia every day! EXCELLENT. Special mention also to Mr. Rocco assistant MaitreD who is a professional that knows how to take care of people. Andrea the MaitreD, and all of his assistants, Antonio, Francesco, Camilo and all of them, the waiters are also wonderful, ours was Mr. Bagus, a sweet man from Indonesia, always smiling. These are all remarkable people that are so good at what they do and also speak several languages&&I could go on and on. where all the officers smiled as we passed, it was like coming home, this showed us the Italian EXCELLENT.

I loved the Table Supervisor system, this gentlemen go around checking on their assigned tables, making sure that all the guests are being served properly, and getting special orders, and anything that they could possibly want. MSC Please dont change this system.

The buffets are great, thanks to the expertise of Mr. Ajay Bhatt and also the midnight buffets are fantastic, the presentation, the colors, just beautiful food and very tasty too, thanks to Executive Chef Mr. Sebastiano Marmarato and all his assistant chefs for great food.

Captain Matia Manzi is a great navigator who kept us very safe and during the first three days, which brought rain and rough water, he slowed the Lirica down during dinnertime, so the passengers would not feel the rolling during dinner, very thoughtful.

We had the opportunity to speak to Chief Engineer Francesco Russo, and he explained the intricacies of keeping the water safe at all times, very impressive.

Chief Steward Ms. Kristiina Uppala totally dedicated to the comfort of the passengers. She will go the extra mile to make sure all is well. She is excellent.

The Entertainment Team is a group of young people that have enormous amount of energy and love fun and games, not only by the pool, but after dinner, every night a fun game with the passengers, they also mingle with them and dance, it is just a lot of fun. The welcome aboard presentation was so nice, because the entertainment team jumped on the stage and danced to wonderful Italian songs played by their great Politos Band It was a super beginning. They also have another terrific group Trio Internationale Band, they sing in Italian, Spanish, English, French and others. Politos also do several languages. Also they had a great Jazz Band, this cruise only.

The only thing my husband objected to was the announcements for the 2:30 pm art auction. They were usually made at 1:45 pm and 2:15 pm while having lunch. The MSC has a policy of no announcements, why change that?

The cruise director Mr. Andrea Olivietti is a very caring person, he has a flare for elegance and his presentations are wonderful; he also shared with the passengers his knowledge of the star, he had a lecture about astronomy, and then had the passengers go to the top deck at night to show us the stars, that was such a wonderful experience, there is no place like the middle of the ocean to view the sky. I loved it!

I believe that at the heart of the ship is Mr. Gaetano Fontana, the Hotel Manager, he absolutely loves the Lirica, he is totally dedicated to excellence, he seems to be everywhere, checking everything, making sure all is well; he has very high expectations from his staff and he sets the pace for all to follow, and they do with great respect for him. EXCELLENT.

My husband and I loved the cruise so much that we booked for the next 11 days 2-26 to 3-9 2006, and you know it, we loved it again!

I have to say they were many others like the Samoa group, Linga, the security team, the information desk, fitness, etc. etc. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!!!!! For an EXCELLENT vacation. Less

Read more MSC Lirica cruise reviews >>