Carnival Glory Cruise Review by PineappleGal: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

PineappleGal
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: August 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First Time ever on a Cruise and my family and I chose the right one. We even counted down the days to our departure on a dry erase board. My mother (45) and Father (55) and Myself (19) at the time had never been off land before. And this was an experience we all would love.

We left Albany International on Southwest @ 7ish and arriving in Orlando @ 10ish. NO-STOP flights are the way to go. We had already been @ Orlando (MCO) before, b/c we went to Disney the year before, but it's easy to find your way around. We walked from one end of the airport to the other, just to find the Carnival Representatives. Be aware you we will be waiting a while to get a bus. They have several busses that go back and forth from the airport to the port. Finally we got a bus to drive us to port and ride was about 20-30 I cant remember I fell asleep for a while. But I do remember there was construction and it took awhile. Once you see water the boat is in distance range. From a far distance the More boat looked really small but once we approached it closer its huge.

EMBARKMENT: We did wait a long time on the bus before we could unload and go to the building to register everything before going on the boat. I swear you go through so many security areas your just sick to death of metal detectors. Some of the lines were long but people are there to guide you around. Some person directed us in the wrong direction and we ended up costing us some time. We waited in line just to get our SAIL & SIGN cards which allows you to get into your stateroom, and to charge anything on the boat to. (We learned the hard way). Once you hit the boat the photographers start taking your photo be aware they only cost $15 a piece. Once you got to our stateroom on the Rivera Deck which I saw is just above the water was OK but I wish we had gotten a different room. We were in room 1277 which was just a couple of feet from an elevator, we also didnt like how you could hear the dining noise at all the hours of the night.

We did have a Muster station drill which took along a couple of minutes but be aware you will be standing of a long time so bring a drink. Before the muster drill go to the LIDO deck and stand in line for the LUNCH BUFFET its like a little sneak peak of what you should expect at all the buffets. BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DONT FALL FOR THE COMP. DRINKS THERE NO COMP. DRINKS. (Comp=Complementary)

During the disembarkment from Port Canaveral they had a party on the top decks where you wave at all the bystanders on the beach. Dinner that night was something out of the ordinary. My mom had already been taking those pills that stop you from getting sick but at dinner she watched the water glasses moving back and forth and will just say she didnt have dessert that night. I had the Lamb which was excellent, as a culinary student at a local college, Ive never had Lamb that was so good. The first night you dont know what to order and how to but you get the hang of it after a while. After dinner we went back to the stateroom and got into better clothing and proceed to the Amber Palace, were we played a Game Show Trivia. We made a group up from the three of us with some other couple. We ended up in first place after my questions about a Disney Movie. We ended the night early b/c we were tired and Nassau, Bahamas was next on our agenda.

Day 1- Nassau, Bahamas After waking up to late we looked out the porthole of our OCEANVIEW stateroom and we saw land. Took showers and headed up to the Sun Deck to take pictures. After the pictures Breakfast was next you wouldnt believe what great breakfast items were on the buffet. We had already booked our excursions on the Carnival website so all we had to do is take out tickets to our excursions people. In Nassau, it was beautiful bright colors and a lot of people there was always another boat docked wherever we went. The Majesty of the Seas by Royal Caribbean was there. The Dolphin Encounter was were we went. We took a double-decker boat to Paradise Island to pick other people up and then we took a 15 min ride to Blue Lagoon.(Not the MOVIE) The dolphins were in this locked area were you are escorted to an area where you watch a movie about dolphin. Later you are split into groups remember to bring your bathing suits and your complimentary towels from you cabins. You can get a video of your encounter which is about 25 dollars. During the encounter you get to hug, kiss, dance, and rub the dolphin down. But dont get to close they dont like that. There is a certain time you have to be back at the boat and we almost didnt make it. Back on the boat we went swimming and tanning in the far back swimming pool a lot of children dont swim in that one. Dinner again @ 6:15 in the Golden Dining Room was amazing, it was the first Formal dinner and we all had Lobster the best Lobster and potatoes/veg Id ever have.

Day 2- Fun Day @ Sea -- Woke up late, had Breakfast at the Red Sail Restaurant. Create your own Omelette was available and everything else you would want. There is a Cereal station were you can get whatever cereal you want. I got rice krispies with a banana every morning. An ice demonstration was on the LIDO deck were a chef designed a Ship out of ICE, photo opportunity so bring your cameras. BINGO BINGO BINGO!! Thats all they play on the boat so just remember to bring youre a game for bingo. The Fun day at Sea are ok but more or less your either swimming, tanning, eating or just walking around trying to find something to do. In the Carnival Capers there is always something to do. After dinner we went back to our stateroom and found a towel animal the first for the cruise. It was an elephant and we took tons of pictures. Just remember if you have a oceanview place the animal in the window so you can find your room from the ports.

Day 3- St. Thomas -- Breakfast as usual and then we had to go threw Customs on the boat before entering St. Thomas because Nassau is not a U.S. states so we had to go threw Customs. Make sure to bring your passport where ever you go, YOU always need it. Our excursion was called Journey Through Paradise, where we meet our tour guide he was funny and his driving was outrageous. We traveled through the city saw the airport in St. Thomas and later ended up on the highest point in St. Thomas called the WORLD FAMOUS MOUNTAIN TOP it says on there sign. TRY OUR WORLD FAMOUS BANANA DAIQUIRI MADE WITH LOCAL CRUZAN RUM. Which was the best Daiquiri in the world, lets just say I finished it off with a smile on my face. Later we ended up in a local marketplace where women walked up to me and asked can I braid your hair. Decline anyone who asks because everyone on the boat gets it done. It looks horrible and painful. Back on the Boat...Dinner as usual no change but every night they dance and provide entertainment between dessert and entrees. Go to the entertainment at the Amber Palace it will be listed on the Carnival Capers when the showing are. But the Shows are awesome dont miss them.

Day 4- St. Maarten -- When we woke up in the morning we opened the curtain and we were already docked. St. Maarten was the most beautiful port then all the rest. They have shops right by the boat so your not walking long distance like in Nassau & St. Thomas. We had two excursions that day so it was very busy. We took a tour of St. Maarten on a air conditioned bus and learned a lot about the island. Bring your cameras youll take a lot of pictures. The tour is called Sea & See tour you see a lot of stuff. You stop at an Atlantis bottom boat excursion were you travel out on the ocean and go under the boat to a glass bottom were you see one of the guys feed fish right out of his hands. Lots of coral reef beware a bumpy ride. Later in the day my mom and I went Horseback riding. Lets say we had in between the excursion to get ready. My father on the other hand went back on the quiet boat and drank, swam and fell asleep. Horseback riding was fun you learn a lot about the horses and you ride up and down hills and you later go into the ocean with the horses. I had never been horseback riding before but that was an experience Ill always remember. Back to the port we went shopping and bought stuff. Dinner that night was amazing again and I think that was our last formal dinner. Our waiter was very nice his name I cant remember but very funny he always knew what we wanted.

Day 5 & 6 Fun Day(s) @ Sea -- Both days were @ sea, let's just say it was very boring but there was always a seminar or something going on. We took dancing lessons in the Amber Palace, Sipped tea in the Ivory Room, played the slots in the Casino and went swimming and tanning all the time. Our Cruise Director Mark was very funny and on the last day he went through the Disembarkment procedures. They were offering a Kennedy Space Center experience after the cruise so we took part in that because of our late flights. Go to this meeting you will learn a lot. NOTE: keep your bags with you its easier when you leave the boat. Get insurance on your baggage because my baggage got destroyed when we got on the boat in the first place. LISTEN TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SPA, you can get really good deals.

Day 7- Disembarkment -- Early wake-up so we got room service. We waited in the Amber Palace for our Kennedy Space Center Tour...lets just say I wasnt in the mood for this I was feeling sick the last night and up all night. The Tour of the Space Center was awesome we got an exclusive look at the new shuttle Atlantis. But we were more concerned on going home we were done with the vacation and just wanted to go home. They gave us transportation to the airport where we knew what we were doing. We waited for our 6:30 flight which ended up late at the gate. If it was sooner we would be home sooner but it wouldnt had mattered we had gotten on the plane and we were ready for take off. We look out the window and what do we see...Dark Clouds. Stuck on the plane for two hours, we didnt leave Orlando till 9:30 the time we were to arrive in Albany. After all the crying kids and the loud thunder and lightning we left Orlando and arrived in Albany @ 11:30-12:00. I slept most of the way and it was kind of cool landing in Albany in the Dark.

Overview of Trip: It was the most exciting and cool trip wed been on. The food was excellent, the entertainment was funny, and we have already booked another cruise of this November for Thanksgiving on the Carnival Liberty. This time should be great we have a Balcony on the Upper Deck and now were only going for 6 days instead of 7. Good Luck if your going and if you have any question you can reply. I Hope this helped you out in searching of answers about the Carnival Glory and the Eastern Caribbean. ~PineappleGal~ Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>