Carnival Elation 5

“Carnival Elation - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

cruslvr
Member Since 2006
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This cruise was a Christmas present/family reunion and our first cruise ever. We traveled with in-laws and our 9 month and 3 year olds.

Embarking was fine. We got there a bit early and had to wait, but we were near the beginning of the line and things went smoothly. We had an oceanview stateroom. I have to admit it was a little cramped with the pull down bed and a crib. We had plenty of storage though for clothes, diapers, a few toys, formula, bottles, etc. The beds and bedding were our favorite thing about the Elation. A little hard for some but perfect for a couple of Navy vets!

The food was a little disappointing. Most of it was good but not what I had expected from what I've heard about cruises. There were plenty of desserts so that made everything okay!

The crew was phenomenal, everyone was friendly and very helpful. They loved the kids and remembered them every time we saw one certain crew member or another. Even though we had such a good experience More I would never recommend taking a cruise with young children. There was no babysitting in the daytime for the 9 month old (we did know this coming in), so he was in the stroller a lot. Our 3 year old did like camp carnival but the hours are a little strange. There was babysitting for all kids but that didn't start until 10 p.m. With two small children though, well, we never used it.

We didn't take in many shows, most of them started after we were in bed. My in-laws had lots of good stuff to say about them though.

Disembarking went well also. We carried our own luggage off and there was hardly any wait at all.

We had a good experience. Good enough that we're planning another cruise in March 2007. This time with no kids so we can get the full experience! Less

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 04/05/06

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?