“Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

jennvgigi Carnival Pride 5 Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera
jennvgigi
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Took this cruise February 5-12, 2006. It was the first cruise for my new husband and myself and we both didn't know what to expect. I was also 25 weeks pregnant when taking this cruise so wasn't sure if I would even have fun.

Our room was much bigger than expected and after making some friends and seeing their room on the 4th floor, I was glad we were on the first floor. The rocking of the boat was minimal as well as the noise. Our steward was excellent as well.

The food was ok. The best nights were the formal nights, other than that it was just like eating at a hotel buffet. The wait staff was fun and made dining enjoyable.

We didn't do too many activities on the boat because of me being pregnant, but the ones we did do were fun. The shows were good, the games were fun, I enjoyed the newlywed game the most.

Mexico was great!! I enjoyed every stop and found that going on our own was much cheaper than booking excursions. The cruise line of course discourages this but it worked very well for us. Our favorite was Cabo San Lucas and it was a bummer that we stayed there the shortest amount of time.

Ok on to my one complaint.....sail and sign cards. The sail and sign card is not only your passenger badge, but also your money on the boat. I found this to be so stupid especially when wanting just to buy some Chapstick and having to put it on a credit card. Of course you could do a cash deposit instead of credit card on your sail and sign card but you would end up going back everyday to put more money on your account. It was amazing how fast the money would go. The fountain fun cards were also a waste of money, unless you are a soda addict.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the cruise, the boat and the ports. Debarkation and embarkation went fairly smooth and I would definitely cruise Carnival again.

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Pride Review
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?