Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by texanfan2

Cruise Date: February 2006
Embarkation: Galveston
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

I am going to try to keep this short and sweet. We had a mini suite because we got married in Cayman. The room was awesome. Whirlpool bath, double sinks, large balcony, very nice.

Getting on was not too bad, but we boarded first. The boat was great. Huge. Well done. A little hard to get around, but no big problems. THE BOAT MOVES A LOT. I was on seasickness scripts from my doctor and had no problem, but the boat was really moving a ton I thought. The crew said that it was a pretty normal amount of motion. The slide is awesome. The casino was pretty good. They need to figure out the poker table a little better. Long waits. Unorganized. Still fun though. The food was pretty good. Some was really good and some was just okay. The pizza that everyone loves I thought was a waste of time. There was a chocolate buffet, but the wait in line was 45 minutes. We jumped in and just grabbed some fudge. It was good.

We ate at The Point the night we got married. I read on here that someone said it was not very good. They are crazy. I eat a lot of steak and the steak I had there was one of the best. That was a fantastic meal. Hands down the best meal of the trip if not the year. We saw no shows. The game shows and stuff were funny as usual. The staff was good. Again some were better than others, but no one was rude or anything like that. We enjoyed them.

Hanna (hostess), Alex (coffee shop) and Gustov (our photographer) were wonderful. The front desk people were a little grumpy. The spa is just a place to upsell you, so beware. We got couples massages and it was wonderful. $225 - ouch, but since we were getting married, we did it. Tendering in Mexico is bad. All the destinations are awesome.

Getting off was not bad either. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would do it again. That being said, I think we enjoyed RC a little better.

Publication Date: 03/31/06