Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Bridgett

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

My husband and I just got off the Carnival Pride. We sailed seven days starting Feb 19. First of all we loved the cruise. Any complaint is really minor. This our sixth cruise (fourth with carnival).

The embarkation was long. We arrived at 12:00 noon and got on about 2:00. All waiting was outside in a line. Thank goodness it was a sunny day. Rain would be really bad.

First the positive .. this was the best staff on any boat yet. The dining room crew gives two of everything without you even asking. Service can't be beat. We gladly gave an extra 40.00 tip to the dining room staff. Food was very good. I also gave a ten to the cabin steward on the first day. Service was great ... but so was my friends in the cabin beside us who did not give extra (still happy I did)

The ship is beautiful. The most impressive of any we've been on.

The not so great ... this is just MY opinion but I thought Chris Jefferson the cruise director was just so-so. If it's your first cruise and you have nothing to compare you'll like him. I guess my biggest disappointment was the piano bar. Again if you have nothing to compare you'll like him. We usually love the piano bar and hang out there in the evening. This guy just didn't have the energy and personality of other players. If the piano bar is not your thing you will not know what I'm talking about. The shows we good.

The FIRST comedian sucked .. especially his "adult" show. The second comedian Jerome was very good both the adult and family show. On a side note .. I can't believe how many adults took their kids (8,9,10 year olds) to the midnight ADULT comedy show.. sad really.

Now I know this can't be helped .. lol .. but it was really cold the first and last day. I wish I'd chosen a later date. That was my fault !! lol

The shore excursions were FABULOUS. I picked them all from cruise critic reviews. We did Los Vernos in PV, Randi's horses in Mazatlan and Ocean riders whale watching in Cabo. Randi and her staff live up to there reputation. She makes you feel like family. Food was the best on the vacation. My butt bone about killed me the next day but it was worth it !! The whale watching was also great. Not a personal staff like Randi but we came 10-12 feet from and a mama and her baby whale. It was awesome. The staff with the zip line is also very nice. My least favorite tour but my husbands favorite. Debarkation seemed longer than any other cruise. We were not off until close to eleven. Waiting seemed to take forever. We loved the cruise and highly recommend it. I'm a carnival fan and can't wait to cruise again

Publication Date: 03/31/06