Noordam Cruise Review by Amy McHugh

Noordam
Member Name: Amy McHugh
Email: AmyNDC@comcast.net
Cruise Date: February 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: Ver
See More About: Noordam Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Noordam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Noordam Deck Plans
Noordam - Cruise to Nowhere

I was one of the first lucky ones to be on the NEW Noordam. I am a travel agent for one of the top agencies in the US so was lucky to be selected for a 1 night inaugural cruise in New York. I came back so inspired and rested.

From first glance, the ship is extremely handsome and sleek. Check in went smoothly and we were on our way! This ship does not have a spectacular atrium like other new ships. However, it has a lovely staircase which is illuminated with soft yellow lights.

We spent a lot of time at workshops, learning more about the HAL brand but in between, I had time to enjoy the ship. Our stateroom was #6064. It was lovely! The beds were so comfortable. The bathroom had ample space and we received Elemis products as our amenities. The verandah was quite large and could have fit my family of 5 on it!!!!

We visited the Green house spa for a tour of this calm and beautiful facility. We ate lunch at the Lido Restaurant. Very good food and pleasant service. We had an excellent dinner in the dining room and our surf and turf was outstanding. After dinner, we went to the Crow's Nest bar, which offered a stunning view of New York.

The gift shops and casino were closed since we were in port, so I did not get to visit them.

Were things 100% perfect? Not yet! The servers were very pleasant but you could tell that they had a few small things to perfect first. Would I sail on this ship? Absolutely! Will I recommend this to my valued client's? Of course!!!! I was actually depressed to leave the ship.

All my best!