SeaDream II Cruise Review by oldbonz: SeaDream II - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

SeaDream II - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2006
Embarkation: St. Thomas

My wife and I have previously sailed on Windstar twice and Princess once. We sailed from St. Thomas to St. Maarten. Here are some of my memorable thoughts about our overall experience.

Embarkation- We arrived about 45 minutes early. we were supposed to board at 2 pm. well, it decided to rain that day and the Seadream staff just looked at several of us couples who were standing there in the rain. I thought they could have at least offered us an umbrella from the box of umbrellas sitting near the top of the stairs. I felt this was pretty lame.

Cabin- We booked a category 2 but were given a category 3 stateroom. all staterooms are exactly the same. The bathroom is very small and difficult to maneuver around in. the shower is nice with a nice three headed shower and marble. THE MATTRESSES WERE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!! If you are planning a romantic trip and plan on sleeping close to your husband or wife, then beware!!! The mattresses were thin, worn, and More had this huge hump in the middle of the bed. I was able the check out many of the other cabins on our day of disembarkation, and they all seemed to have this problem and a lot of other passengers were complaining about it as well. This was the only really bad thing about this trip and ship.

Staff- Very friendly and accommodating. We did have one bartender that seemed a bit irritated all of the time though.

Spa- One of the best parts of this cruise. All of the spa staff were extremely friendly and great at their respective jobs.

Food-Best at sea for dinner. Absolutely wonderful, 5 star. Enough said.

Balinese day beds- These are awesome. My wife and I would sit on these during the day and just relax and read. They will make them into a bed at night and you can sleep under the stars as well. This would have been much more comfortable and romantic than our stateroom bed, but there were off and on showers throughout the trip, so we elected to sleep in our stateroom prison beds. ha ha...

Overall- I would sail Seadream again only if they upgraded their mattresses. Overall it was a great experience. Less

Read more SeaDream II cruise reviews >>