Carnival Valor Cruise Review by jewlsmc24: Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2006

This was a terrible cruise from day one. We should have known that it was not going to be great vacation when, on the first day of cruising, they had to call the Coast Guard to our ship 3 times for very sick people.

The food was terrible! The main dining food was just plain awful! My family & I all returned our food many times. Many of the fish dishes came under cooked & the lobster bisque was absolutely disgusting! Rosie's food was very comparable to a school's cafeteria. There was no variety to the foods that they served daily & the lines were very long & slow.

During our 3rd day of cruising, they began to serve us at the buffet which slowed the lines down to a crawl. We found out later in our cruise that it was because there was an outbreak of the Norwalk Virus & that 2% of the population of our cruise was under quarantine! I was also effected by the Norwalk virus. I went to the hospital when I returned home & I now have a nice big More hospital bill as a reminder of the terrible cruise we had.

Also be aware that Carnival automatically adds 15% gratuity to anything you purchase at the bars. My husband bought a fountain card for $40 & a plastic cup for his sodas & was charged the 15% gratuity & he didn't even get a drink! WHAT A RACKET!

The staff seems to be miserable. They are not pleasant at all & they are difficult to get any info from. We received so many sarcastic answers that we just quit asking.

The entertainment was nice. There were a few comedy shows that we enjoyed but they were so late. Some people have early excursions & a midnight show is way too late. There were no activities or music on the deck to keep guests entertained until the last day at sea.

Our excursions were wonderful. We did not go through Carnival cruise lines to schedule them. The excursions that we went on were similar & cheaper so do your research before scheduling your excursions.

The spa was very disappointing. The spa packages were very basic & very expensive. & by the way if you do get a massage be aware that it is basically an hour long infomercial for their products. Who can relax while you are being pressured to buy products?

All in all, this was a terrible experience. Do yourself a favor & go cruise with a different cruise line & save yourself the trouble. We really enjoyed our Royal Caribbean cruise 2 years ago & plan on cruising with them again. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>