Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dying2cruise: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

dying2cruise
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

Our trip on the Carnival Miracle was nothing short of just that.. A Miracle! I knew it was going to be great and it was!

We flew in the night before, stayed at the Quorum hotel, used their free shuttle from the airport, and then again that night to a nearby mall for a great dinner at a sports bar, then the next day to the port.

Embarkation was easy (although little tip here, sit in the chairs while waiting to embark, they really dont like standing!) We were bussed to a different port because of the tanker in the way but it literally added 10-15 mins. And was easy. We went straight to the Lido deck (cuz it was only noon-ish) and had our first of many drink of the day . Came home with lots of cups! We then went exploring, found our cabin which was upgraded to 5A. Yay! Then made our way to the sports bar for Super Bowl party! That was sooo fun! We had to leave for the muster but came right back to our same table and stayed there the rest of the night. Yes we missed More dinner in the dining room the first night but they set up all this bar food and the sushi bar was just outside the door so we didnt feel like we missed anything. It was crazy in there and everyone was having a blast!

I wont go into what we did every minute of everyday, cuz frankly, some of it is a little fuzzy - did I mention drink of the day? But overall, the dining room: yes, pink lights&didnt care at all, loved dressing up for dinner every night, long dresses on formal nights, sparkly tops and cocktail dresses the rest of the time. The food was amazing. Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly but we loved the assistant Ricky. Bonded with him way more. We had early seating. Probably will do late next time, we just found we really needed a nap before dinner. We often felt like we had to hurry to get ready for dinner and then by early evening were pretty tired. That is the only thing I would do differently. We loved having a drink in the Metropolis lounge before dinner, it felt elegant and they often had specials there. We took tons of portraits so that we could find a few we really liked. ( my husband didnt love that part but indulged me anyway) The Lido deck was just absolutely fun! Bathrobes and beer night was great! We loved the aft bar and pool area. The water slide was great. Even played chess with the giant chess set. We only made it to one show but it was awesome!

We did the stingrays in Grand Cayman and snorkeled the reef - incredible. We shopped and played in Cozumel (hello Carlos and Charlies) We went to the Great Barrier Reef and snorkeled with more stingrays and (gulp) a nurse shark in Belize - a blast! (note: we went from the ship to boat and back to ship so we really didnt set foot on land in Belize, but had way fun!) We did the Uvero beach in Costa Maya and then played in port - yep we want to live there!

A special note about Nick and Noras - we ate there the last night and I cant tell you how impressed we were. It was nothing short of amazing. The food was beautiful to look at, and incredible to eat. The staff was so attentive and professional. We left there stuffed. I got up once to go to the ladies room, left my napkin on my chair, it was folded on the table when I returned. The chef sent us a special dessert to our table. It was well worth the extra charge and part of me wanted to eat there every night. It was so elegant.

Disembarkation was easy, we had an early flight and were given VIP tags to leave first. Finding the luggage was only a little tricky because lots of people had VIP tags, and we packed entirely too much stuff, but customs was easy, a taxi was waiting and we were at the airport in time for breakfast before our flight. All in all we just had an amazing time and are so looking forward to another funship vacation. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>