Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Toronto Guy: Norwegian Spirit - Southern Caribbean

Toronto Guy
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Spirit - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2006
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was one of the best cruises I have taken. Freestyle Dining was a pleasant surprise - I did not anticipate that I would prefer it over traditional dining - it turned out to be the best thing that NCL could have done in comparison to other lines. As a result, I will probably only sail NCL in the future. I can't say enough about the service we received on board. The crew of this ship was outstanding. Even the pursers desk was friendly, helpful and professional - something I have never experienced on another ship. I did not see or hear of any other passenger receiving bad service or attitude from anyone on the ship - bravo to NCL.

Embarkation and debarkation were the best I have ever experienced. Very fast and extremely well organized.

The food on this ship was excellent. I have no complaints whatsoever other than a couple of dishes that were not to my personal liking. Even Raffles buffet which seemed to be the bear the brunt of much criticism on past cruises was More of good quality, consistent and had plenty of selection. The coffee could have been better, but the cappuccino and espresso in the dining room was excellent.

Entertainment ranged from very good to poor. The comedian was not to my liking. Second City troupe was hit and miss - but that is always the way with their kind of improv comedy. Their shows were enjoyable nonetheless. Production shows were good - one was great in my opinion. The entertainment staff did their best to get an older crowd on their feet and involved in ship activities. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. They get an A for effort and enthusiasm.

As per the ship - the only public room that I didn't like was the casino due to the low ceiling. With the tables moved under the lower portion of the ceiling it felt very claustrophobic. The ship was spotless and there were no visible signs of wear and tear.

Stateroom - we had a BA verandah. We had divided it into two single beds which made it a little tight for space in terms of maneuvering around. Balcony was of good size, bathroom was adequate. Storage was great. Room stewards were excellent!

All in all this was a really great trip made only better by the wonderful friends we made on board. I will definitely sail NCL again. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eleven 11608