Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by greenstripe

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by greenstripe
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: greenstripe
Cruise Date: January 2006
Cabin Category: FO
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        7-9 3.0
        10-12 3.0
        13-15 2.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

First the ship is beautiful. The was my sixth cruise and third with RCI. My husband and three children went on this cruise and the stateroom had lots of room for us. We had a double bed pull out sofabed and a set of bunk beds.

Of our four ports of call three of them we had to use the tenders to get to the piers. I found this very time consuming and you were waiting in line a majority of the time. Whether to get off the ship or to get back on. If you booked shore excursions and you were to meet at the pier you had to make sure you were on the tender early so you wouldn't miss your excursion.

The shows were okay. The food was good. There was always something for you to do on the ship. Just beware that if you're paying your seapass by cash that you check that it's paid in full and check again. My family went to Johnny Rockets on the Saturday and we had added a tip to our bill. That evening my husband went to pay our account and guest services said everything was paid in full. The next morning Sunday when we attempted to leave the ship we were denied at the gangway and were told we had a message at guest services. So I left the gangway after waiting in line and went to guest services where I asked them if we had a message. I was told that I had a balance owing on my account which was the tip ($1.43) from Johnny Rockets. We learned that your actual purchase is added immediately to your account but not the tips they can take up to a couple of hours to be added to your account. So I wasn't allowed to leave the ship until this tip was paid. I left that ship totally embarrassed and in disbelief that they would do something like that. Yes I checked my account on the television that evening and it was zero. No we never received a statement the night before departure because it was supposed to be paid. My advice don't tip on the last day of your cruise if your account is set up as cash.

Publication Date: 03/14/06