Carnival Valor Cruise Review by greenskittles: Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

greenskittles
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005

We sailed on the Valor in October, and had a fantastic time. It was our second cruise, and our second with Carnival. We booked the cheapest room possible, an inside stateroom. However upon boarding the ship we discovered that we had been upgraded up to the spa deck. It was amazing! Our room had a floor to ceiling picture window, and a separate sitting area. There were only 18 rooms on the floor, so it was quiet and private. We were able to walk right out of our room, and onto the Lido deck.

Embarkation: It was a nightmare. We got there early, I wouldn't recommend it. We still had to wait just as long to board. The main hold up was that they were stopping everyone as they boarded to take a 'welcome aboard picture' After driving 20 hours from Ohio to Miami, I was not in the mood to have my picture taken.

Belize: We booked our shore excursion through Coral breeze ltd. We decided on the cave tubing. It was unbelievable. I've never experienced anything like it. It was More an hour drive out to the rainforest, the air-conditioned bus promised by Coral Breeze was a little bit of a stretch, it turned out to be a run-down van that the AC didn't work. After we got to the rainforest, it was a 45 minute hike with our tubes. The ride down the river and through the caves was breathtaking. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Tendering in Belize was also a nightmare. We had rough seas, so they could only use one side of the boat. Get your tender ticket early!! We waited two hours to tender in, and we were in the first group. Coral Breeze waited for us on the dock, even though we were an hour late.

Isla Roatan: We decided to stay on the boat instead of going ashore. The island was beautiful to look at though.

Grand Cayman: We just wandered around the town. We ate lunch at the Hard Rock, and bought rum and rum cakes.

Cozumel: We booked the Playa Mia beach break through Carnival. We got the deluxe package which included lunch and transportation. The beach was a little mucky, due to all the traffic, but it was still a fun time. We really enjoyed the all-incusive drinks! After we got back from Playa Mia, we took a taxi downtown and went to the Hard Rock for a drink, and then on to Carlos and Charlies. Then we headed back to port and went to Fat Tuesdays, which is right at the end of the pier. Fat Tuesdays was great, I recommend going there. All in all we had a great time, and I would certainly recommend this cruise to anyone. It's the best vacation under $2000 that I've ever taken. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>