Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Beth Gould: Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean

Beth Gould
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2006

I traveled with my husband and 4 children ages 14-23. It was our first cruise and we had a wonderful time. The Victory is a huge, beautiful ship. I can't add much more than what has already been written.

We had a balcony room, which I highly recommend, and an interior stateroom. My daughter and I got spa manicures on the first day...worth the splurge. We had no high pressure sales pitch following the treatment like some others have mentioned.

We opted for finding quieter, more relaxing places on the ship..we found the pool decks to be crowded and noisy. We aren't a party crowd. I, personally, loved having all the photographers on board and I bought several pictures of our family...the best souvenir I could ask for.

We had a table in the Pacific dining room 2nd level back of ship, and were treated to fabulous sunsets as we dined.

Our first port was Costa Maya. I have to admit that I was initially disappointed to find out we were going to Costa More Maya instead of Cozumel. I had Cozumel all researched and was ready to go. I was pleasantly surprised by Costa Maya. We booked all our excursions with Carnival since it was our first cruising experience and we were unfamiliar with how the whole excursion thing worked. It was more expensive, but it was worth it for peace of mind. My husband and I and daughter went on the Uvero Beach Break, and thought the beach was a paradise. It was secluded and quiet, plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. It is new, not very developed...I thought it was great. The water is a beautiful blue/green, there were dolphins there that we were able to observe without paying an additional fee...open bar..hammocks...caribbean music playing. Loved it. My boys opted for a little more adventure and took the excursion to the Chaccoben Mayan Ruins, loved the experience. On to Grand Cayman. It was beautiful sitting on our balcony watching cayman approach during sunrise. There were five other ships in port that day..so was crowded...but once we got to the beach it was great. Kids went snorkeling on the Reef and Wreck snorkel...first snorkeling experience, they enjoyed it. The beach club was relaxing...view of the water was awesome. We shopped a little, but is was very crowded so headed back to the ship a little early...and enjoyed the pool decks and waterslide.

The weather for our entire cruise was perfect. Sunny and 85 degrees. That alone added a lot to the whole cruise experience. Jamaica was lovely. Three of us did the enchanted garden tour. Waterfalls were gorgeous. Did the dry walk of Dunns River Falls and watched others attempt the wet climb. It looked treacherous in spots. The beach at the bottom of the falls was so pretty. Boys went to Margaritaville...then shopping. I was uncomfortable while shopping, didn't enjoy it, but our van drivers/tour guides were very friendly and informative.

All in all a great experience, would definitely do it again. No complaints. Our rooms were quiet, we all slept great. Embarkation was stressful, but debarkation was a breeze. We did self-assist debark because we had a noon flight out of miami..we were at the airport by 9:00..no problem. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>