Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Lmcpark: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2006

This was a first time cruise on Carnival. Embarkation went fast. We arrived at the port at 11:30 and were on board by 12:45. Our room was ready with the exception it smelled like cigarette smoke. My husband is violently allergic to cig smoke. We met our Cabin Steward (Imanou, from the Philippines) and he cleaned it again from top to bottom. He washed the ceiling, walls, changed linen again. He was great! In fact, he was great the whole time! He was always smiling and attended to all of our needs. The ship was difficult to get around. Next time I will be more careful when I choose the cabin and maybe that will help.

I was impressed with the quality of the food in the dining room. Our Waiter and assistant waiters were Kevasan (India) and Henry (Philippines) They was great. Especially Henry. He was fun and even on the Lido buffet dining room he was there doing breakfast and lunch and treated us the same as in the Dining room. The food on the Lido was ok, nothing special. We ate More at Harry's Supper Club and it was a wonderful experience. Everyone should try this. The food, service and entertainment was wonderful.

The big screen on the deck was a great addition to the pool decks. Kudos for Carnival for this new touch. I used the spa and hair salon many times and I enjoyed every treatment. The employees were professional and were not too pushy when I told them I was not going to purchase the products. The Carnival dancers and shows were very good. However, the other entertainers were ordinary. I just don't want to hear one more fiddle player.

The bingo games were not worth playing. On Royal Caribbean the pot builds up to a large pot but not on Carnival. Not worth the time.

The excursions we were disappointed. Due to weather our Costa Maya excursion was cancelled. In Costa Rica our excursion was the bus, boat, train. It was very interesting. The only problem is the time in port was too short. It did not allow for shopping. We were able to shop for about 30 minutes. In Panama we did not get any shopping in at all. In fact, we were late getting back from the excursion. They were about 550 people who got no shopping in at all. The excursions were all very expensive!!!

Day 6 we were awakened to paint fumes in our cabin about 6:00 am. This was a sea day and a day to relax. Well, my husband is allergic to fumes and he had a migraine all day. We complained to the purser and they worked on our cabin. Our cabin was only one of many affected. They had painted the inside stairs by our cabin during the night and did not ventilate the area. It was bad!! They tried to correct the problem and they finally got the odor out. They continued to follow up for the last two days. That was appreciated.

Room service was not good I ordered breakfast one morning when it never arrived, I called again and it came with milk spilled all over the tray and no cup with the coffee. I used the water glass in the room to drink my coffee. I ordered it another morning to be delivered at 6:00 am because we had to be down at the Venetian Room at 6:45 am for excursion. It came at 6:40 am forty minutes late. One of the worst problems we had was the ship's movement. We had to wear wristbands and take Bonine for seasickness. We have been on other ships with very high seas and the stability seemed to be better. This was the first time I have had to take medicine for seasickness. There were several accidents on board where people were falling and getting injured.

I'm not sure we will go on Carnival again. I am leaving my options open. There were a lot of nice things but the bad outweighed the good. Carnival advertises as the "funship" and to some people it means without class. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>