Carnival Pride Cruise Review by St Albert Cruisers: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

St Albert Cruisers

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: January 2006
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We traveled January 1, '06 - January 8, '06 this year we had a great cruise. Normally I do not write reviews, but I have found so much value referencing the cruise critic site I thought I would pass along some info as well to help others.

Family of 4 - mid 40s and two teenagers 16 & 14. Second Cruise, previous also Carnival 2003 - Eastern Caribbean.

We ran into some rough weather this trip and some got sick, but not our family, we use Gravol (small portions) on the rough days must have helped.

The motion on the Pride was a lot compared to our Victory cruise.

We had more fun on this one perhaps because we knew what to expect, but also because we chose a balcony this time. I would never cruise again without a balcony. We shared wine on our private balcony as we watched whales and dolphins, it was great.

Carnival set us up with a huge balcony. Room 8232 has a triple sized balcony enough room for a party. But I would never stay on the More top floor again. The noise from the Panorama Deck was all hours of the night and quite loud. If your a light sleeper don't go here. Our daughters had there own room (interior) just down from us which was nice as they guided me around the ship. They had it mapped in a couple days. I still go lost up to the last day.

The 16 year old met some friends at the teen night on day 1, and had a couple 4:30 am disco pizza nights that she really enjoyed, The youngest was in the awkward age and did not fit into the 12-15 group that well, but she did not mind the cabin to herself and a chance to hang with mom and dad so both girls really had a good time

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze, no complaints at all.

Did Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan which was fantastic, free run of the beach with great horses and a real taste of Mexican Culture. I highly recommend it.

We grabbed a water taxi in Cabo San Lucas and went to Lovers beach ($10 each) arranged a time and they were there exactly to return us. We had the entire beach to ourselves for about an hour then the excursions showed up. You should go to this beach (only by water) the most scenic in Mexico. Snorkel on the South side and play in the Waves on the North.

In Puerto Vallarta we did a Sea kayak rental just down the beach from the ship. me and my daughter spent some quality time out in the ocean talking as we paddled. Also one of the highlights of the trip for me. The dining was poorer than we remembered from the last cruise. Actually enjoyed the meals in the buffets and other open dinning better than some of the formal meals. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>