Norwegian Sun - Western Caribbean: Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by zman

1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Norwegian Sun - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
This was our first cruise ever and I was a little worried because we didn't get our travel documents until a couple of weeks before the trip. The air arrangements had a very long layover in Atlanta, but our travel agent worked with them to arrange for a more reasonable layover.

Embarkation was a breeze and our luggage arrived in a very timely manner. The room steward was great!!!

Food at the buffets was pretty mediocre, but pretty good in the main dining rooms and the upscale restaurants. Service was also great in the restaurants. Drinks are also pretty expensive onboard.

We did have one really "exciting" experience on this trip. While in Grand Cayman, we made a pretty significant purchase at one store, went to another store to buy something else and my credit card was rejected. Didn't know why and tried to reach them, but no luck from the store. When we arrived onboard, I checked with the front desk and they connected me, at no charge, to my credit card More company. Turns out they had placed a fraud alert. I really appreciated the efforts of the front desk in helping me resolve this issue!!! The only other problem we experienced was at the end of the trip. We spent one post-cruise night in Miami and purchased a transfer from the hotel to the airport through NCL. We were assured that they would pick us up the following morning. We waited outside at the prescribed time, and no ride ever arrived. We ended up taking a taxi so we didn't miss our flight. I'm rating them a little lower on service for this reason. Less

Published 02/07/06
Helpful? Thank zman
Ask a Question
Post it here and get answers from Cruise Critic members.

Cabin review:

1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X