Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Betty

Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend
Member Name: Betty
Cruise Date: October 2005
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean
What a beautiful and spacious ship this was! Our rooms were a nice size and we also had balconies which I would recommend to anyone thinking of taking their first cruise. It is so peaceful sitting out there. You saw a lot of the captain on the cruise, so much more than on any other cruise we have taken. The captain was also gorgeous! (and single)

There was a total of 13 family members on this cruise to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary! There were three kids under 18 years of age 17, 14, 13. We all were able to sit together for dinner each night without a fuss. Our waiter Ernesto was great! He sang and danced for us (and made my niece and I dance and do the conga line with him also!)

There was also a lot to keep us busy during the day, "Newlywed" games,deck games, pool games, bingo, waterslide, basketball,game room,card room, shuffleboard, ping pong and of course the pools! (which is where my honey and I spent every day soaking up the sun!)There were three pools on this ship. The one at the back of the ship was reserved for adults only and they really enforced that rule (my poor niece)!

At night, the shows in the Follies lounge were fantastic. No matter where you sat in the lounge you could see everything. The casino was quite large compared to other ships I have been on. Here they also enforce the "no one under 18 permitted rule"! Just ask my nephew! The slots paid off real nice for my sister and mother (I never win) and the Let it Ride table paid off real well for my uncle and my son did very good on the Texas Hold 'em table each night.

Our favorite night entertainment was Billies Piano Bar. This was a lot of fun!!! Mark the piano man was great! He was very friendly and outgoing and got all of us to sing our requests.

San Juan was our first port of call, got there around 3 p.m. too late to do any beach stuff, walked the town a little and visited the Hard Rock Cafe. We didn't like that port of call a real lot.

St. Thomas was beautiful! We took a cab to Coki beach where the snorkeling was exceptional and the beach clean and safe. The cab was quite expensive for 9 people it was $90 each way but Henry came back and picked us up when we asked him to be back. Less expensive than a tour for nine of us!

Tortola was our next stop, what a beautiful place. We took the shore excursion to Virgin Gorda. Wow! You had to walk down a trail to get to the beach, it was well worth it! There were boulders the sizes of houses, caves in which you could walk through with sea pools. The snorkeling here was much better than St Thomas, the water was much clearer.

All in all we had a wonderful time, Carnival is a great cruise line in my book. We have never had any problems at all. Can't wait to go again!

Publication Date: 01/31/06