Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by chillinnsatx: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

chillinnsatx
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2005
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my first cruise, and I was a bit skeptical after reading some of the previous reviews. However, after taking the cruise, I can't help but think that anyone who writes a less than wonderful review of the Conquest is the complaining negative type who is never pleased.

The embarkation process was extremely quick. We arrived early at 12:30pm and basically walked on board. They said rooms would be ready at 2pm, but we were in our rooms at 1pm. We had plenty of storage and the room was terrific. We were on the Panorama Deck, and our steward was awesome. Always friendly, and every time we returned to the rooms the bed was made and room cleaned. She never knocked on the door while we were in the room once. Please tip your steward more than expected, they work hard.

Room service was the only disappointing part of the cruise. We had ordered champagne and food tray for the day of arrival, and they didn't come until the 2nd day, and separately. However, we expressed More our disappointment, and the Dining Manager sent up a complimentary bottle of Dom Perignon and chocolate strawberry's as an apology which was great.

We dined in the Monet, and our server was terrific. The food was exceptional, and the dinner staff was the most entertaining part of the cruise. Definitely recommend dinner in the Money every evening possible. Dined at the Point the last night, and it was definitely worth the money. The casual dining on Lido had a lot of options, and they definitely try to offer variety each day. The lines were long at times, especially midnight buffet.

We used the spa for several treatments, and the service was great. However, wait to book treatments after departure as each day offers different spa discounts.

We traveled without kids, and tried to avoid kid traffic areas, however, the ship definitely had great options for kids if you have some of your own.

The ship was a little rough a few nights due to bad weather, and we actually missed our port in Grand Cayman due to bad weather. I was sick the first 2 days until I got Meclazine from the infirmary, then I was great. However, I get motion sickness easily, and other passengers didn't seem bothered at all.

I could go on and on about the huge list of daily and nightly activities including the casino, but there's too much to write. If you're looking for friendly service, variety, lots of room, great food, and lots of activity, then the Conquest is an awesome ship. If you're looking for an ultra-luxurious, quiet and peaceful retreat...then this isn't the ship for you. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>