Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by jdechter: Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

jdechter
Member Since 2000
4,783 Posts

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2005

PreCruise: Stayed at Embassy Suites on night. It was adequate as they are still renovating. The location is excellent. Took the water taxi to Las Olas for dinner. It was very lively and fun to walk around. Shopped at Publix for precruise drinks.

Embarkation:took a cab to the port at 11am. We had to wait for our in-laws so it slowed us down, we could have gotten right on. Considering we dropped our luggage off early we did not get it until after dinner--the latest ever I have waited for luggage to come. we did tip and apparently it did no good. The embarkation itself was easy but you enter the sip in a very crowded small lobby space, difficult to navigate with my mother in law in a wheelchair.

The Cabin was an outside on the Main deck, very spacious. My in-laws were in a hc room which was TINY--all the space was given to the bathroom, there was very little storage for them and the wheelchair could not fit inside the room.

Dining--we had 5:45 dining More upstairs in the silver room. There was no view where we sat and we couldn't see downstairs either. The service was good. The food was so-so, not Carnival's best. We did Harry's one night and sat under the Jogging Track (I kid you not). The food was good and the singers excellent.

The buffet--this was very limited and closed early. I have seen much better on the Spirit class ships. The Public Rooms--they are splashy but not much going on. The layout of the ship is confusing and has a lot of dead ends.

Fitness-- this has good equipment, was never crowded as has a nice sauna/steam and Jacuzzi. Did not use the spa services.

Casino--OK the first night and tight after that.

Entertainment--the production shows were good and the last night Legends show not to be missed. Did not make it to the midnight shows. the other shows stunk(i.e., the Village Idiots were awful). Too much Bingo as well.

The Ports--This was the best part of the cruise--we had 5 ports. San Juan at night was OK as it was warm and was decorated for Christmas. We had a drink at the Parrot club and picked up some cold remedies at Walgreens for my father in law. St Thomas we docked at Crown Bay which was a shock, nevertheless we took a cab to town then the ferry from Charlotte Amalie to St John (not the original plan). Went to Cinnamon Bay and Trunk bay. In Antigua, we booked Eli's Eco Tour which took all day and was fun but pricey. In Tortola, we went to Virgin Gorda to the Baths.

In Nassau we got off right away and went to Atlantis where I had booked a room online at Coral Towers. We were given 4 keys and had use of all the facilities.

The pools and Jacuzzis on the ship were very nice and there were always seats somewhere to be found. We truly had great weather as well. All in all a good cruise but I felt Carnival has really cut back on food and activities. My in laws stayed aboard in 3 of the ports and there was nothing going on at all. We ended up going to watch Karaoke several nights and when the passengers are more talented than the paid Entertainment,this is pretty bad. I should add that we had a great Cruise Critic group on this cruise!! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>