Costa Magica Cruise Review by jnd260: CostaMagica - Bahamas

Compare Prices on Costa Magica Bahamas Cruises

CostaMagica - Bahamas

Sail Date: December 2005
Destination: Bahamas

This cruise was set up as a pre Christmas weekend 3 day get away on Costa Cruise Lines Magica which my wife and I thought was ideal. We travel with our friend who happened to a travel agent and she got us a tremendous deal on a balcony.

From the beginning there total confusion on the ship. During embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale we ask the lady at check in if she needed a credit card for my sail away card and she informed us that the procedure would be complete on board. Once on board the ship no knew what I was asking. We finally saw a line with one crew person working. We ask what the line was about and the lady reply sail away card credit card registration. There were no sign to inform the guest on what this line was about. There must have been about 20 people waiting in line and only person doing the registration. Our boarding ticket said that our sail away was at 4:30 pm we did not pulled out until 7:30 pm.

We read the ship whats going on paper and it said that More the muster drill would promptly begging at 4:30 we asked a couple of crew member and they had no idea what we were talking about. Finally around 5:30 we heard to prepare for the muster drill. Finally the ship sailed away at 7:30 pm. The next day we woke up in Freeport, Bahamas not the greatest port in the world. In our boarding ticket it said that we would depart on Sunday at 8:00 am then a crew member told that it was 8:00 pm then we asked the cruise director he told us it would leave at 11:00 am on Sunday. We finally departed at 12:00 pm on Sunday.

We had second seating on this cruise WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!! The second seating started at 8:45 pm we generally did not get out of the dining room after 11:30 pm. The food was not good many passengers complained. The buffet was something less to be desired the portion were small and not very attractive food. The food variety was small.

The staff for the most part were very friendly courteous. The ship was beautiful the layout was great. My wife and I were very please to see so many NON Smoking area on this ship. The NON SMOKING were very well label which was great. If anyone ever decide to cruise on this ship please be warn confusion is the norm and the food is bad. This is our tenth cruise and we have cruise Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess and by far this was our worst cruise. I can truly say I will never cruise on Costa. Less

Read more Costa Magica cruise reviews >>