Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Shoshannah: Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Shoshannah
Member Since 2011

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2005

This is the third trip I've taken on a Voyager class ship. I had a great vacation. The staff was helpful and kind. The gym was clean and the classes were mostly free.

The excellent food, friendly people from all over the world, great entertainment, warm weather, great music, spacious room and fabulous shopping all contributed to making this week into a memorable vacation.

However, I found that this ship didn't run quite as smoothly as the others. Embarkation was much more tedious than on the other ships. The signs were not clearly marked resulting in us staying on a wrong line for quite sometime before someone showed us where to stand. Then after about twenty minutes on the correct line, someone changed the sign! During the first two days of the trip, my sea pass didn't work. I couldn't buy anything without having to run back to the customer service desk. They would fix it and the next time I went to purchase something, it would happen again. That was quite More annoying, but the worst experience was when I wanted to get into my room late at night, it didn't work and I had to go all the way back down to the desk. Apparently I wasn't the only one with a problem. I found out that that many others were complaining of demagnetized sea passes throughout the week. This never happened to me before.

The show on the first night was terrible but the rest of the shows were enjoyable. I loved the ice show. The comedian/impersonator was excellent, the Singers/dancers were enjoyable and the Motown singing group was topnotch. The jewelry store on this ship was better than all the other ships. They sold Michael Kors bags, trendy belts, and good prices on jewelry. The pool buffet and the midnight buffets were beautiful, creative and delicious. The dinners were all good.

Our first port was Belize. We took the cave/jungle pool excursion. The guide was excellent and knowledgeable, but it was pitch black inside the cave except for the little lights we wore on our heads. There should have been some other source of light because you couldn't see anything inside. It was a little muddy and two people slipped. No wonder we had to sign a waiver before we arrived. It was dangerous! Costa Maya was lovely. The Grand Cayman land and sea tour was good. We ended with the Everglades tour in Miami. Another week would have been great! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>