Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by peddler&tass: Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

peddler&tass
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2005
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean and will not be our last. The personnel was very friendly and helpful. Anything that was needed was taken care of in short order, from the room steward to the Edelweiss dinning room waiter and staff.

Ok here goes; A) Boarding was a breeze. All papers were filled out and we were at the pier and on the ship in 30 mins or so. All personal was extremely helpful and accommodating.

B) State room (deck 2 forward starboard side)were a little small when compared to Carnival, but served well. There was plenty of places to store all items. The beds were something to be improved on. They were nothing more than a metal bunk bed with a mattress. I, personally, got used them with no problem. The wife on the other hand found them lacking.

C) The shows in the Broadway Melodies Theater were very good. The Haines Magic show was nothing I'd pay to see, but on the other hand the Original Platters with Herb Reed was and excellent More show. The typical song and dance shows were middle line and I did enjoy watching.

D) Shore excursions had plenty of options although the options for paxs with limited mobility were slim and limited. I saw quiet a few elderly as well as younger folks with limited mobility that most likely had to pass up excursions due to this fact.

E) On ship activities were plentiful if one were so prone. I opted to find a quiet spot and read. I don't gamble or play Bingo so the reading option was right up my alley.

F) Comment on tendering. Grand Cayman tendering was first class. Cozumel on the other hand was slow and appeared unorganized. We were late leaving the ship for whatever reason which cut our shore time down. The Coz tenders took a long time to load and unload thus slowing the whole process.

G) The main topic...Food....I found, for the most part, the food was good. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer 6 out of 7 mornings and all dinners. Supper was in the main dinning room with the exception of the first night. Bye the way I'm from Texas and we have Dinner (lunch) and Supper (dinner) so live with it. Our meals in the Windjammer was buffet style and plentiful. I had no problem eating my fill with a relaxed atmosphere. The wait staff was quick to refill your tea and kept the area clean. The meals in the Edelweiss dinning room were for the most part very good, although my wife felt the choices were limited. I had a mis-cooked steak one night, although edible was not my choice of preparation. Offers were made to correct the situation but I refused as the steak was tender with good flavor...It wasn't that big of a deal. My wife to my knowledge did not have a complaint the whole trip. The wait staff (Ribi and Dario) bent over backward to please.

H) Disembarkation,,this was slow for what ever reason. We were almost an hour late for our color to be called and was almost 11 am before left the ship. This process could be speeded up I feel. Customs was no problem although it seemed that there was a shortage of baggage handlers.

I) The ship....overall the ship was clean and well maintained. We had a non working elevator on the forward part of the ship which was maybe a problem for some, but was easily side-stepped by taking the stairs. Maintenance was overall good and the ship only showed average wear and tear for the number of clients that it hosts week after week.

In closing, our overall experience on RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas was a pleasant one. We were pleased and well relaxed after 7 days. This is a cruise that I'd recommend to anyone. The price was good, accommodations were good, staff was good, good food, and a good itinerary (Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel).

Rating on a 5 scale would have to be a 4.

Thanks for reading. Less