Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by monis20: Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

monis20
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: November 2005
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my first cruise. I traveled with 3 other people we are all in our mid 20s. Overall it was a great cruise.

Embarkment was quick. We got there early about. We parked with EZ Parking it was 45 dollars for all week we reserved it online that's why it was so cheap. They drive you and pick you up from the port I would recommend them to anyone. They did break one of my friends liquor bottles on the way back but they paid him back fully. We got to the port at 10:30 after parking and taking the shuttle to the boat it was about 11:15 and we got on the boat by 12:00 the line went really quickly. I would recommend getting there early. When we got on the boat we went to the Windjammer. They have at good selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I only ate up there for breakfast and lunch a couple of times.

I enjoyed the dining room more. For all courses. The Dining room was very nice. The food select was good. And if you didn't like something do can get More you something else. The wait staff was great.

Our room was a small one but it was more then enough for 2 people that are very really in there but to sleep and take showers. If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room then a cruise is not for you because there is so much you can do on the boat. Bingo, plays in the theatre, games shows, and casino. And if you don't want to do anything like that you can just go on the 9th deck and lay out by the pool.

Ports -- Key West was our first port was our first stop. We got there at 4, when we got there a lot of the excursion were just about over. Unless you buy them on the boat which we didn't. We walked around some, ate a restaurant called Cheeseburger Key West if I recall. It was pretty good a little pricey. We walked down Duval street that's where most of the shops are. Later that night we did a Haunted Ghost Tour. It was a fun little tour. The over all outlook of Key West was nice really pretty at night.

Grand Cayman was the next one and we had to tender out to the port which made us late to our excursion with Caption Marvin. So I recommend if you are reserving excursion on your own and not on the boat give yourself enough time. Captain Marvin they worked with us when we got there and gave us a later time. So we walking around shopping. The excursion we booked was snorkeling and Stingray city it was all great and fun. They water was beautiful and nice. Grand Cayman had a little damage but nothing major. I loved it there.

Cozumel had the most damage. We had to tender out to port cause the piers were damage but we still had a great time and the people were great. We booked a tour and they drove us around basically to anywhere we wanted to go we got lucky and did have to share the van with anyone. They took us to the Mayan ruins you pay a little fee there to get in. Then we too us the Paradise Beach its free to go in there but if you want to use there snorkel gear and some other stuff they have there you pay 8 bucks well worth it it has a bar and food. The water was wonderful there and it wasn't even that crowded. After that he took us to our pier we only had our tour guide for 4 hrs we spent most of our time at the beach. Most of the good shops were by the downtown pier anyway we went to eat a a little restaurant called Sonora grill the food was good. Over all Cozumel was nice and they pricey are right there.

The ship was in great shape I think for being as old as it is. And the people that work there are the best.

Disembarkment went so quick. We decide to do the early embarkment and carry our own bags out. We are the first one off the boat at 7 we went up at the Windjammer at 6:30 ate and then got our bags and were off the boat by 7:15 the line at customs were not long at all since not a lot of people decided to take there own bags. We were at our car and ready to leave by 7:45 at least. Maybe even earlier...

So the trip was great and we didn't have any major problems at all. Enjoy your trip! Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>