Carnival Glory Cruise Review by benzbaby

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

We got to the ship early and dropping off bags and check in was not a problem. It would have been easier if the computers had not gone down, but what can you do? Also, getting off the ship was easy, and quick.

The Glory is a beautiful ship. The pools & hot tubs are nicely kept; the hot tubs are barely warm, tho.

Restaurants & food very good. Having coffee, pizza, salads, hamburgers and hot dogs and ice cream/frozen yogurt available almost 24/7 on the Lido Deck is just great, and delicious! Our waiter and his assistant, Romeo, worked very hard to please us, and did very well. Romeo is a prince among men!!

We were a family of 8; Daughter (who took care of finding cruise, booking,and all details, including shore excursions) and her husband, their two boys ages 8 & 10; myself & husband; son-in-law's mother; and my sister. We had 3 adjoining cabins w/balconies, and they opened the dividers on the balconies so we had one large one that allowed each of us access where we congregated before breakfast and other times.

We've been on several cruises and in my opinion, this was a great ship for a family cruise with children. Balcony rooms were large. Our cabin steward was less than accommodating, unfortunately. We had to ask several times for more towels, soap, etc. since the cabin had only enough for 2, although it was booked for 3. The others in our group had no complaints regarding him, other than he wasn't very friendly. Our cabin had plenty of closet and drawer space, the beds were very comfortable, and linens (sheets, etc) good quality.

Everything on the ship was kept very clean!! Public rooms were nicely decorated and comfy. The sing-a-long piano bar was fun, and the shows very good (I thought).

The comedian's (Rated R and G) and magic show were excellent. Our grandson's thought the comedy was hysterical, and it was generally appropriate for them, since they are at the "butt-joke" age. I discovered the sauna in the Spa and enjoyed peaceful relaxation there. Afterwards I took a shower at the Spa where they are much larger.

The biggest complaint I have regarding the ship is that it rocked continually, even in smooth seas, making dancing and walking (at times) a new experience. Several people fell during the cruise and were injured due to "missteps". One person in our party was pushed down a flight of steps from an upper outer deck, when a door opened behind her and a gust of wind pushed her. She was bruised terribly, and only by luck didn't break any bones. I don't get sea sick, but I imagine if you are prone to it, this would definitely not be the ship to sail on.

One thing they could do away with is the "show" they put on in the middle of dinner. Each evening they would play music and the waiters would dance to it wearing funny hats. Sometimes people would get up and dance with them. The interruption annoyed me because you couldn't carry on a discussion during this time due to the loud music, and if you stopped to watch (how could you not?) your food got cold. I just thought it was inappropriate and would be better if it were done at the end of the meal during coffee, or not at all.

This was a very nice cruise, and I would "Carnival" it again if my grandsons wanted to go on another cruise, but not on the Glory due to the unsteady rocking of the ship.

Publication Date: 01/03/06