Carnival Glory Cruise Review by wmninblu

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8C
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
This was my fifth cruise, fourth with Carnival. It went very well. The Glory is a nice, clean ship. I read a lot of reviews saying it was hard to find your way around the ship. I didn't have a problem, but that may be because I've been on the Destiny and the Triumph. They aren't exactly the same, but similar.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quick the lines went to get on the ship. We showed up at the port at about 11:45 and was on the boat within 40 min. Our room was even ready for us!

We booked a balcony room and were very happy with it. Our room steward knew our names by the first night and was very nice. She didn't speak much english, but we all smile in the same language, right? :)

The food was really good. My husband is a very picky eater so he requested a steak and baked potato a few of the nights and they didn't have a problem. Our waiter (Michael from St. Vincent) was very nice and did a good job. Wasn't very social, but good. The buffet food was the same as every other cruise I'd been on. No better, no worse. Pizza, burgers, hot dogs- all good. I didn't like the fish and chips, but I'm not a big seafood fan either.

Me and my husband did the couples massage. It was very nice, but cost too much. Other than that, we didn't use the spa.

Kids were not a problem on the boat. There were kids, but they all seemed to behave well. It was nice. We noticed that there weren't as many people our age on this cruise. I am in my upper 20's and felt really young.

Debarkation was as good as it could be. We were off the boat by 8:10. We decided to bring our luggage with us. It was hard, but then we didn't have to look for it later.

Key West- I was disappointed. We had to port at a naval base (I heard that the one we usually go to was damaged). They had trolleys take us into town from the boat, but it took almost two hours to get off the boat. We were only there from 12 - 5, so that ate up a lot of our time there. That and the cruise director said to wait till about 1 to get off if you didn't have an excursion (which we didn't). So by the time we got there, we only had 2 hours at most to check it out. We went to the Ripley's believe it or not museum (it was ok) then checked out Duval St.

Belize - Good island. We did a zip line tour through the tree tops. It was a blast. We felt safe the whole time.

Costa Maya - we were supposed to go to Cozumel, but it got cancelled because of the hurricane. Coast Maya was great. Went snorkeling and then hung out on the beach. I really like the set up they have here when you get into town. Lot's of people trying to sell you things. They got a little pushy, but if you just keep walking past anything you don't want, they were fine.

I would definitely do this cruise again and recommend it.

Publication Date: 12/20/05