Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by new grandma

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by new grandma
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: new grandma
Cruise Date: November 2005
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: N
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was our second cruise on the Rhapsody. It felt like "coming home" when we got on board.

The embarkation with the "set sail" pass was not as I expected. Guess everyone has the pass, as there was not a special line as I thought. But it was pretty smooth considering the amount of people. I definitely recommend using EZ Cruise parking, paying in advance on the internet. They are good people, and have a pretty smooth process of getting you to the pier.

Our travel agent messed up our reservation, and instead of being in a category M on the 4th floor, we got the belly of the ship in an N. We had stayed there before, so knew what to expect. In hindsight, considering the rough seas a couple of nights, maybe being on deck 2 was better!

The food was great, as usual. We use the dining room more often, as we don't like the atmosphere in the Windjammer. It is just a little too hectic for our liking. But the Windjammer has excellent turkey to make little sandwiches out of during tea time! My husband likes fish, so of course eats it the whole cruise. I found the prime rib to be excellent, tender and tasty. The Cream of Broccoli soup at lunch one day was the very best, as well as the Cream of Asparagus.

We had bad weather in Grand Cayman, rough seas and it rained when we departed. Went to Stingray Snorkel, but got too freaked out to go into the water with them. My husband did, and enjoyed it. The water was rough and perhaps they shouldn't have gone out, but the boat was nice and crew was friendly.

We sailed into Cozumel, which had just re-opened 4 days earlier. Were unable to disembark due to rough seas and tendering. I feel that even trying to go to Cozumel was a mistake, and going to another port like Costa Maya would have been better. I understand the need to help the people of Cozumel/Cancun get back on their feet, but I also think there is a loyalty to your cruisers to provide them with quality ports.

We took part in lots of trivia contests held. I still can't believe that one team who usually won knew so much worthless information! Were a little disappointed that many of the on-deck sports (like shuffleboard, shufflegolf, etc) were canceled, but it was so windy they had no choice.

Entertainment was good. I am not much on the shows, as I tend to fall asleep, but they were good. Especially liked the comedian who appeared twice. Gary Mule Deer was ok, but his humor was a little old.

I especially like the amount of public waiting areas and restrooms. You can always find a restroom, and they were usually kept neat and tidy. The biggest complaint I have is that the couches and chairs in pretty much all of the ship are the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on. They need to re-do them all and get more comfy seats!

But overall, we were happy, and have even booked our next cruise on the Rhapsody for October 2006!

Publication Date: 12/19/05