Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kimbro: Enchantment of the Seas - Canada/New England

kimbro

Enchantment of the Seas - Canada/New England

Sail Date: July 2005
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Philadelphia

We went on the Enchantment three weeks after its stretching in July, 2005. My husband and I shared a cabin with our two children ages 5 and 10. My Mom and Dad joined us on this voyage. This was our fourth cruise but our first time to New England. We are Floridians and wanted to experience new ports of call. We arrived at the port in Philly about noon. Upon arriving at the port in Philadelphia we experienced a back up of cars and ended up sitting in our cars in line for over an hour. It was awful, there was no one around to tell us what the wait was and no bathrooms in sight. Once the car line started to move the rest of the boarding process went smoothly.

The overall appearance of the ship was nice. I have previously been on the Mariner and Disney's Wonder so I wasn't very impressed by the Enchantment. However, I went on the Enchantment for the ports of call, and I was expecting a smaller older ship than I had been on before. I was actually pleasantly surprised by a few of More the Enchantments common areas. I particularly loved the Boleros Bar. Two young women in their twenties ran the bar and seemed to work around the clock. They were so delightful!! My mother and I fell in love with the bar's signature drink the Mojito. The Mariner has a Boleros but I preferred the Boleros on the Enchantment.

The food on the ship was ok but not great. They were constantly running out of food in the dining room. How can you run out of ketchup, chocolate chip cookies, and tea on a cruise ship? Dining room staff was very efficient and seemed to be embarrassed by the food shortage.

Entertainment was just ok also. The cruise director was funnier than any of the comedians. He was a great cruise director.

Ports of call were all beautiful and made the vacation well worth it. The only problem we had was in Martha's Vineyard. The tendering was just awful. We waited in the halls for an hour to get off the ship and than waited an hour and half in the hot hot sun to get back on. It was the hottest I had ever been and I am from Florida. They offered us no shade and no drink until you got to the end of the line an 1 1/2 later. There were elderly people sitting in the street.

My favorite ports were Portland and Bar Harbor. I had never been to Maine and I just fell in love.

The kids club was a joke. The crew never stuck to the compass and my kids were often disappointed because they would go for specific activities and they wouldn't get to do them. Kids club BIG disappointment.

All in All I am glad I went because I loved the scenery but if you cruise for the ship go on the Mariner. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>