Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Cruisers85: Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Sail Date: October 2005
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

We sailed on the Pride of Aloha on the October 23rd sailing. Of course like so many others we were a bit nervous about the bad reviews we read prior to sailing. I don't know if these people that wrote these reviews are just way to picky or maybe a bit snobbish, but we had an AWESOME time.

The service was great and the food (yes even the buffet) was great. We tried a few of the specialty restaurants and the food and service was great. The only "bad" service I can say we received the whole time on the ship was in the Kahili restaurant there was a hostess there named "Brittney" who apparently did not like what we were wearing (even though we were very much in dress code for this particular restaurant.) She was extremely rude and unfriendly to us the whole time we ate. I did report her to the service desk after the incident, and they said they would take care of it. But other then that everyone was awesome.

Our room stewart Paul, was just incredible. The cabin was More cleaned very well twice a day and anything we needed he provided.

As far as the petty complaints about the cabins being to small, well if you want to go on a cruise to stay in your cabin, then stay home. The cabin was suitable for showering and sleeping which is about all you do in your cabin if you are there in Hawaii for the right reasons. You want to hang out in your cabin a lot then don't go.

I will be sailing once again with NCL I thought they were fine. We plan on trying the Pride of Hawaii ship in 2007. I hear it's suppose to be a nice ship. So if you have any worries about this cruise, don't. If you are a person who expects everything to be perfect then don't go anywhere, because you will not find that anywhere. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>