Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ssheldo: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

91 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We went on the 10/22 Glory sailing, expecting to go to Belize, but were re-routed to the Eastern Carib due to the hurricane. Even though we have been to St. Thomas numerous times, we still had a good time.

I found 'Jerry's' comments a little confusing, as the Glory does not have a midnite buffet. I looked forward to ordering from room service for my late nite snack, which I did several times. Our order was delivered in less than 15 minutes with no tip expected. I will note that the one attempt at the midnite Grand Buffet was laughable, as it was just some ice carvings and fruit and desserts. I even asked one of the servers "where is the buffet?" BUT, the other meal selections were varied and certainly acceptable. In fact, I thought that, for Carnival, they did a good job.

The 2 'Las Vegas' type shows were some of the best we have ever seen onboard, and we have been on many cruise lines including Celebrity, HAL, Disney, Princess and others. BTW, the atrium is in the More middle of the ship and the show lounge is on one end, so I'm assuming 'Jerry's' comment was meant to be sarcastic, as we did not find the entertainment to be too loud.

The ship was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. One has to keep in mind that Carnival is not considered a "luxury" line, as evidenced by their games prizes (a plastic ship-on-a-stick) but is certainly a good value for the money. Less

Published 12/05/05