Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Dennis W. Smith: Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean

Dennis W. Smith
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005

We did what we thought was going to be a Western Caribbean Cruise Oct 23 - Oct 30. Hurricane Wilma converted it to an Eastern Caribbean cruise with last minute notice only by checking Carnival Website. We were disappointed to say the least. We were due to see Cozumel, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman and ended up going to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We left Miami the day before Wilma hit. Seas were a bit choppy most of the trip.

The ship is huge and in my estimatation a bit tacky with the pseudo sea scenes all around. The best rooms were the Adriatic Lounge and the Ionian Room, where Classical Music was showcased during afternoon tea.

Noise abounded everywhere!!! You could not escape the "music" even at 8 a.m. Hard to find a quite place to relax. Constant music every minute no matter where.

Dining room food was better than expected and service excellent and staterooms (ours was with balcony 8th floor) and very comfortable.

If More you are looking for Rest & Relaxation this is not the boat for you!! You should choose Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. Bars were everywhere and staff did tend to push the drinks! Photographers were a nuisance always wanting to take your picture. This is a rip off and the island disembarkation was held up by these photographers stopping everyone with a cheesy boat bouy!! We just pushed pass them with a polite no thanks!!

24 hour pizza suited our daughter (15) well as did the soft serve ice cream.

Pools were small and shallow 3'8". Slide was fun.

Any questions as to the ports we visited, please email me.

I enjoyed the cruise, but avoid 2 days together at sea if possible on your itinerary. I will not do another cruise with Carnival or any ship with this many people on board. My last was Celebrity Galaxy and it was great. I definitely prefer the smaller quieter ships. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>