Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Trooperkitty: Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean

Trooperkitty
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 4.5
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005
Embarkation: Tampa

Embarkation: Easy, but the area that the ship docks is confusing as there was a little construction near the terminal. I decided to park and carry our baggage from our car. The parking has gone up to $12 dollars a day rather than $10. We were on the ship no more than 30 minutes after our vehicle was parked.

Cabins: What can I say--you are on a ship with 2000 of your new closest friends--not a whole lot of room, but functional. Our cabin steward Francis was friendly and prompt. This was our second cruise but our first inside room. Not much difference.

Food: We are from the deep south of Georgia, so you can imagine that Roast Duckling was not a prime choice. I go into the dining room to get cultured!! Then its on to Brasserie to pick and choose. If you happen to cruise and get Kadek as your headwaiter, you are in for a treat!! This man is outstanding and his assistant Daniel is just as fun. On the 5 day--Baked Alaska on Mexico night and Grand Marnier Souffle is the More last night--This is your only choice--you will enjoy it.

Ship: Very nice--constantly cleaned.

Grand Cayman: Well--I saw it in the rain. I had a excursion planned but we were unable to go as the weather was terrible. You have a real short time in Grand Cayman so be prepared and ready to go early.

Costa Maya: Tourist Trap!!! but very Mexican. It is neat to go and see the area. Take a taxi to Manhual to see real Mexico. I don't know if I spelled it right but its a $5 round trip cab ride. There are no KFC's or Carlos and Charlie's. It makes you realize how fortunate the U.S. is.

Overall: Cruise Director Chris Roberts is a swell guy. He will keep you going throughout your cruise. I enjoyed this experience but would probably sail a different Carnival ship next time. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>