Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cupcake76: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: October 2005
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Let me just say we had a great time on the Pride. We were a group of 4 married couples in our late 20's early 30's. Some of us had cruised before and some of us hadn't. We drove in from Las Vegas the morning of embarkation. Turned out to be a long day for us but we survived.

Embarkation, a little confusing at first but not a big deal, I think we were toward the end of the line but the wait wasn't that bad. We had to fix a mix up with some keys at the Pursers desk and they handled it efficiently and with a smile.

We then proceeded to our cabins. We were all on deck 8. Three all the way aft and one all the way forward. Two inside rooms and two balcony rooms. This was my first experience with a balcony and I loved it! Don't know if I can go with out one now. The cabin was roomy and very clean. The all white beds were comfy with nice sheets and a feather comforter. We did have some noise from above as we were right below the aft pool area, mostly deck chairs scraping More around. One night they had a crew party going on late at night. Good thing we are night owl's. I put my earplugs in about 1:45 am.

We ended up almost all of our breakfasts and lunches at the Mermaid Buffet. Food was good, some things are better than others. We liked the burgers and the omelets. Food in the dining room was good. Again, some night were better than others. We had reservations to go to David's but ended up canceling, I wish we would have gone, I heard it made the food in the dining room look like "dog food".

We went to most all of the shows. They were worth attending. Didn't care for the first comedian, but Jerome was good. Pride Idol was better than I expected.

As for public areas we didn't have any problems finding a quiet spot if were were looking for one, and you could always find a deck chair. We wondered several time "where is everyone?"

Shore excursions..We hired a van in P.V. to take us around. The guide was an older gentleman named Luis. He even took us to a private residence on the beach to tour. Beautiful 3 sided house open to the beach.

In Mazatlan we booked a shore excursion with the famous "Mazatlan Frank" for the city/beach tour. He was great. I would recommend him to anyone. We toured the city and then had lunch at Tony's on the beach. Food was good, service was slow. The beach there was awesome. They guys rented boogie boards and tried to be surfer dudes.

In Cabo we walked to the Cabo Wabo, had a drink and bought a shirt. Then we got a cab to the Pueblo Bonito Rosa Hotel. They let you use the pool if you buy a drink. Not a problem. The girls stayed at the pool and the boys went back to the beach. We all had a great time there. We are thinking about going back for a long weekend at that hotel.

Debarkation seemed long even though we were the first color called. Maybe had to do with time change for daylight saving and seemed later than it was.

All in all, it was a really great time. We thought the ship was great and the service was great. Would do it again in a heartbeat. This was my first Carnival cruise after two RCI cruises. We all thought Carnival was more fun and the ship was nicer.

Happy Cruising! Less