Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by mikieguns: Carnival Liberty - Western Mediterranean

mikieguns
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: September 2005
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

GREAT cruise! fantastic!! was a honeymoon trip for me and my wife and we enjoyed it so much. 2nd time cruising and 2nd time with Carnival. They did a great job in their first season in Europe.

Food, entertainment, excursions, the service - you name it, it was top notch. Cruise director John is sensational and funny. and we had such great service from the crew, most notably our cabin steward, dining room waiter, and Paparazzi bartender!

I know it was a long & expensive cruise, but I just wish there may of been a bit more younger folks on board (90% of the guests were retirees I would imagine!). Thus, the nightlife on board wasn't as "rockin" as it was on the Caribbean cruise we took! But there were some great bars and things to do (piano bar was awesome!). And we met some great people along the way.

Only things I would change: one more sea day! Last 4 days straight of visiting ports was very tiresome! (Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, Rome). I would of More rather them split them up with one extra sea day in between. And i would also suggest the ship staying overnight at one more port. Staying in Venice was great - I wish we could of done the same in another port, like Barcelona. (we would of liked to experience the nightlife in some of these places!).

And the Carnival tours/excursions were fantastic! Don't listen to those that tell you to do the tours on your own! So overall, great cruise. We'll be back on Carnival again in the future! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>