Carnival Pride Cruise Review by bright eyes

Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

We cruised on the Carnival Pride October 9, 2005. Took Amtrak to Los Angeles and a shuttle to the Queen Mary the day before the cruise and stayed on the Queen Mary. Third time we have stayed there and truly enjoyed it. Did the pre-registration at the Queen Mary at 9:00 a.m. the morning of the cruise.

Had a suite on the Pride so were able to board with the Skippers Club, which was great! We were very happy with the room. Large balcony, dressing room, spa tub. Don't think I would cruise again without a balcony.

The weather was nice the day we left and the closer we got to Mexico the better it got. Hot and humid and we loved it. The crew on the ship was wonderful. Our room attendant Mara did a very nice job and the waiter Kim in the Normandie was very good also. The food was excellent! The ship is beautiful!

Our first stop Puerto Vallarta, my husband and 22 year old son did the Canopy Tour Zip Lines. They had a ball. I stayed on the ship and had a massage which was fantastic! After they returned we just wandered around Puerto Vallarta. Mazatlan we did some shopping and our son went to the beach. Same with Cabo. Truthfully I don't even care about getting off the ship.

My husband snored and kept me up for the first few nights and then he decided to sleep out on the balcony so I could get some sleep. He really enjoyed it. Our last night out it was starting to get pretty cool so he came back inside. What a sweetheart. I felt much better after some much needed sleep.

Would do the cruise again in a heartbeat, but now we are thinking about flying to Hawaii, cruising the islands and then cruising back to Canada and flying home. Will have to do some heavy duty saving but love cruising. Have nothing negative to say about the cruise, ship, or the crew.

Publication Date: 11/08/05