Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Pyrwindcruzer: Crystal Symphony - Northern Europe

Pyrwindcruzer

Crystal Symphony - Northern Europe

Sail Date: August 2005
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Stockholm

Embarkation/disembarkation: I prepurchased transfers from airport to ship and ship to airport. They completely forgot us and we had to take a cab. Tried to get reimbursed and instead they charged us a second time and would not budge. After many tries both on ship and after we got home, I had to give up because my blood pressure could not take it anymore. In summary, you cannot trust Crystal on transfers.

Food: barely adequate. Slow, wrong, screwed up at the table, dropped, etc. etc. pick an adjective. Maitre d' clueless. Booked for a table for two but put at table for 8 and told to like it. This is not a 6 star, or 5 star, nor 4 star, nor 3 star, nor 2 star ship.... Ship furnishings: eh, normal hotel. Nothing to make it stand out or be unusual. Kids: Nothing for kids to do. No children's coordinator. They get a zero for not even trying a little.

Cabin: smaller than other lines. Only shining light on ship was female room steward who was wonderful. Unobtrusive and More quick.

Room service: You have to call your room steward and then they take your order to kitchen so everything takes a long time. Terrible room service food- McDonald's is better.

Tour desk: good

Spa: Disorganized and rude. Taken over by the World Cruisers. TS attitude.

Ship: Engine broke down and we had to miss a scheduled stop due to slower speed. Maintenance is not a priority with this line. Crystal puts on party for American Express cardholders: but because I don't have a platinum card was not invited. Captain: pissy demeanor. Would not shake hands because it was not hygienic. But had no trouble shaking hands with World Cruiser. Artwork: Bought over $12,000 of artwork onboard and never received it. Crystal would not speak with me -insisted that I complain through my travel agent. As of this posting, this is in litigation and I have received neither artwork nor refund.

In summary: Do not book on Crystal. These people are real trouble. Less