Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Dana30

Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend
Member Name: Dana30
Cruise Date: September 2005
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean
Some info about us: I am 32 DH is 33, this was my 9th cruise, Hubby's 6th. We live in NJ. We cruise to relax, drink and gamble.

Embarkation:

Ok..it was a nightmare. We drove to the pier and got there at noon. They got in late, so people were still coming out. We waited almost 2 hours to get on board. It was our worst experience boarding in NY, but that it fine. We were just happy to be on Vacation.

The Ship: It is beautiful. Everyone talks about the urns. We liked them. I have been on Carnival 2 other times ( Victory and Imagination) this ship was by far the most elegant. The rooms, lounges, casino, dining room were wonderful.

Our Room: We booked an inside cabin, and were upgraded to the highest inside cabin. We loved it. We were right next to the bridge. We saw the captain daily. Not a bad thing. It was small, but perfectly functional. Our room steward was Lionel, and he was fantastic.

Our Dinner Table: We sat at the late seating table 318. I have to say, the food was EXCELLENT. My hubby loved it. As did I, and even our tablemates.

Apprentice Theme: This was the Apprentice Themed Cruise. We went for the ridiculously good deal. We do watch the Apprentice, and I must say, when we ran into one of them they were charming. Free drinks at sailaway was a nice touch.

Bars: We spend most of our time at 2 bars on any ship: Pool Bar and Casino bar. At the pool bar, we LOVE LOVE LOVE Tepson, one of the bartenders. Such a nice man. Always made sure our beers were full. The casino bar was large, as was the casino, the singer in there was a nice plus.

Casino: We are gamblers. We love it, the slots were somewhat tight, but fun. It was the first cruise I have been on where I won more on the way home than the way down. We love LEt It Ride, so we spent a lot of time there. Dealers were not as friendly as most other ships I have been on. Bit overall, we loved the casino.

Ports: We do not like San Juan. Never have. Second time there, still not a fan. Maybe we are missing something???

St Thomas: We took the 5* Trunk Bay Tour. We are not big Shore excursion people. I think out of 9 cruises, this was my 3rd Ship Excursion. I must say, it was fantastic. The beach was GORGEOUS! The ride over was informative and relaxing. The way back we drank lots of rum punch. YUM! We would do this tour again in a heartbeat.

Tortola: We did the Virgin Gorda Baths Tour. We loves the boat ride over, and the views. The beach itself was so so. In St. John, the beach reminded us of BErmuda. Here...I would not go in the water too rough and rocky.

We thought the shows were weak, not a big deal to us though. We stopped going after 3 of them. But, do not miss the Legends All Stars...best show of the week.

Overall, we had a fabulous time. Disembarkation was long, and we did self debarkation. But, cruising from NYC, with the views and being so close to home, it was no big deal.

This was our 2nd favorite cruise. We would highly recommended it to anyone. It was everything we hoped for and more.

Enjoy!