Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Cliffy97

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: British Columbia
Cabin Category: 6A
Cabin Number: U41
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | British Columbia Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Paradise - Pacific Coastal

My Mom and I chose this cruise as a test cruise. I have 3 mentally challenged cousins and we are thinking about doing this cruise with them next summer. This is my second cruise (Did the 3 day in April) and we are booking very soon.

Day 1 - Embarkation: We stayed on the Queen Mary the night and went to Early Check in at 9:30. This was such a breeze and saved us a lot of time. We started going through security at about 12:15 and we were on board by 12:30.

We went straight to the room and found that it was ready for us but it was setup as a queen. Just as we walked in our Cabin steward Jennifer stopped by to close the door and she introduced herself.

We hung out on the Lido Deck and ate lunch. This was my mom's first cruise so she was really excited. We explored the ship and just waited for sail away.

At about 4:30 we had the Muster Drill and t was different from the last time. We not only had the drill but we also had to go to the Life Boats and learn what to do there. Very interesting to see how they do it.

We sailed away at 5:30 we were up on lido and had a great time. The usual Sail away antics were in full swing and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

As soon as the casino opened we visited. We had a great time and Casino rep Nicol was awesome. She showed us how to use the new OPC system and was always around when we needed her.

For Dinner we had an awesome Pasta with Sausage dish. Brenden and Fredo were great. The service I received in the dining room was way better then my previous cruise.

We ended the night with the welcome aboard show and the casino. We were stopped between Long Beach and Catalina and the boat was really a rocking.

Day 2 - Catalina Island: Catalina is a tender port. We got up about 10 went to the Lido deck for Breakfast and went to Deck 3 for the tender. The water was very choppy we got a little wet in the tender. We decided to rent a golf cart. The rates are not to bad 35 and hour plus 30 deposit. They give you a map so you can see the whole island in about 1 hour via the golf cart. This was great. We were a little unsure about golf cart to start with but it was great!

We tendered back to the boat and had lunch. We took a nap and headed to Paris for a quick dinner. This was formal night and we did not do this. We went to SHOUT! And it was great. I was looking forward to seeing Here's to Hollywood as I really enjoyed it last time but it was missing for some reason. We spent a lot of time in the Casino after it opened until Midnight when we went to the Adult Comedy show with Lowell Sanders. This man is Very Funny and I loved his act. After this we went to Bed as we had a Shore Excursion planned for Ensenada.

Day 3 - Ensenada: This was our bog day we chose to go to Fox Studios in Rosarito. This place was great. It is a lot like Universal but more hands on and there is not tram tour. We had a great time here. Once that was done we went to lunch as part of the Tour at the Rosarito hotel. We had a great lunch and got to know our people a little better. After lunch we headed back to Ensenada. The tour let us off in the shopping area. We hit up one of the many Papas and Beer Official Stores and did a little shopping. We took a cab back to the ship a about 4 and decided to take a lil nap. However, we for got to set a wake up call. So at 10:30 when we woke up I realized we had missed dinner and everything else we had planned so we fell back asleep. We woke up again about 2:50 and went to the casino. However just as we sat down they closed up for the night. So we got some pizza on Lido and sat in the AFT patio. Then we went back to sleep.

Day 4 - Fun Day at Sea: We spent the day at sea. During the Debark talk our Cruise Director explained that during debark that the crew was going through "Crew Check" which happens every 3 months so Debark may be slightly delayed, but we are arriving extra early so this may not be so bad.. We spent most of our time on deck and in the Casino. In case you had not noticed we like to play the slots. We packed up and went to dinner. Brenden and Fredo both commented that they had missed us the last couple nights. I thought this was a great touch. After dinner we went to bed as we need to debark early as I had to fly out for a wedding on Friday.

Day 5 - Debarkation: This was probably the worst day of the cruise. It took over 2 hours to debark. Crew Check took several hours longer than expected and we arrived later than planned. After waiting for almost 2 hours they called early debark and orange tags. But it just became a free for all and one of the APass debark stations crashed and because of crew check only half of the customs was available for us.

Over all it was a great cruise and I am looking forward to many more.

Publication Date: 10/28/05