Carnival Elation Cruise Review by duinbb: Carnival Elation - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Elation - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005
Embarkation: Galveston

Our first cruise ever so we were not sure what to expect.

First off I will never use the Carnival airport to ship shuttle bus again. Arrived at Houston at 9:30 am. Had been told when I booked it that the shuttle would run at 10:30 and 1:30. We, as well as many other guest who arrived early, found that there was in fact no early shuttle and we had to wait for 4 hours until the 1:30 shuttle left. Would have booked my own private transportation up front had I know this. The same thing played about again on the return trip but the wait was only about 2 hours this time.

Getting on the boat was not bad at all, there were long lines but it moved along fairly smoothly.

Found our cabin with no problems and got the life boat drill out of the way and we were off.

Cabin was great and kept very clean the entire time we were there. Liked being on the lowest deck as there was much less motion down at that level versus the upper floors.

The ship was More very clean and the crew was constantly in a state of picking up and cleaning. Very impressed with this.

I'll have to say I was disappointed in the food. It was not bad by any means but really just average. Breakfast buffet was good. Lunch was fair but never really had anything that I would have wanted twice. Pizza buffet was good! Formal dining was ok but portions are small. Don't be afraid to order more than one item in any of the servings. the staff is more than accommodating. Our head waiter was wonderful and made the dining room experience very fun!

Cozumel was fun, Playa de Carmen was wonderful and would have liked to have spent both days there.

Getting off the ship went pretty quick and we went smoothly through customs.

All and all we had a good trip and would not mind doing it again next year! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>