Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by goofyjenn

Carnival Miracle
Member Name: goofyjenn
Cruise Date: September 2005
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        13-15 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean
Let me start by saying that we got off the ship yesterday, so I am still a bit depressed. WOW, what a week. We cruised once before, but never like this. For the folks that write bad reviews, its totally a shame that they wasted their vacation focusing on the things that went wrong, rather than the things that were right.

This ship is beautiful. Maybe it doesn't have the grandeur of other ships or the high society class and all that hoopla, but who cares, you are on vacation. If you want stuffed shirts and snotty service, sail someone else, if you want down to earth fun and an awesome experience, sail Carnival Miracle.

The service was impeccable. From Dimitri, our cabin steward, to Svetlana and Edgar, our wait team. We never did without, and always had extra. I tried to get them to come home with me, but sadly found out that i couldn't afford them.

Day one, sailing out of Tampa. Wow we were totally taken aback when we got on the ship. It was bright and colorful and full of life. And since this was a celebration of life cruise for us, it was perfect. Everyone was fabulous.

Our cabin was outside with french doors that opened to a lifeboat. We paid for an inside cabin, so the fact that we had a window, much less doors was a total bonus. We could prop open the doors and watch the ocean go by. We had a king bed, a pull down bunk and a couch. Too much room, it was incredible. And the storage space?? Well, i used my entire 6 piece luggage set and had room to spare.

We booked the main dining seating because we wanted to make sure we could totally experience all the nightlife the cruise had to offer. We had a table for six since five of us cruised and it was a wonderful table with our own window. We watched the sun set most nights, if we were going the right way. The food, well it was great. Our beef was never over cooked and never tough, the seafood was always awesome, except the lobster. I'm a main lobster girl and this stuff was florida lobster, yuck! But they quickly switched it to prime rib for me so all was well. The flourless cake, incredible, the tirimisu, awesome. So much food.

Our ports of call, fabulous. We booked two tours through Carnival, and very glad I did. First one was the stingray snorkel and city tour. Incredible! Second was power snorkeling, oh goodness, what a a nightmare! We got screwed up somehow. When we got to Cozumel, we were told there were too much jellyfish at the snorkel sight so we were being upgraded to power snorkeling with a radio. woohoo bonus. plus they were giving us an extra hour of regular snorkeling. OK great, thanks. Our taxi driver took us 15 miles in the wrong direction... then figured out where to go, only 1 mile from the pier! by the time we met up with the rest of the group, they were half way to the snorkel site. we tried to catch up, but my 14 year old daughter freaked out in the water and refused to go. she couldn't maneuver her fins. after getting aggravated, i marched out of the water and gave up. I advised the tour guide of our situation, he radioed carnival and get this, they refunded all our money!! They didn't have to do this. but they did. awesome i tell you.

Our cabin was always neat and tidy, though, we could have had a towel animal our last night, but oh well. I tipped extra to the cabin steward twice.

First time I tipped him, i asked him to completely change our linens. Second time I waived money at him nonchalantly and asked him how much the Carnival towels were, knowing good and well they are 22.50 each. He grinned and asked me if I wanted one. I said yeah and asked how much and he said, for you, I give for free, how many do you want. I handed my tip to him and said two. He gave me two!!! Awesome! Its service like that that will keep me from going back.

DON'T and I repeat DON'T go to the infirmary. We did and what a rip off. My daughter got pink eye, not from the cruise, but before. She forgot her meds at home and it flared up again. Went to see Clare, the ships doctor. She was a sweetie, but her assistant quoted me 13.00 for the eyedrops, well hah, they turned out to be 75.00!!! for 10ml! Insane I tell ya. Well Clare was concerned that I wasn't happy and called me 3 times during my cruise to let me know she will do whatever it takes to get my ins company to cover my expense. Just don't get the assistant to quote you anything. You will be ok.

All in all it was fabulous. Would I cruise Carnival again, oh heck yeah! I cry hourly wishing I was back with Dimitri, Svetlana and Edgar.

OHHH and the dining room?? Get over it people, yeah there are round pink lights all over the place, but if you are going to let something like that get in your way, don't GO ON A CRUISE!!!!! it was incredible.

Publication Date: 10/07/05