Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by jespej01: Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Sail Date: September 2005
Destination: Bahamas

BIG TIP if you booked already on lower decks: PLEASE take some Febreeze or any odor sprays because the smell of SEWAGE get pretty bad sometimes. You will thank me for taking one of those sprays. YOu can feel the smell in the halls and in the cabin bathrooms pretty much all the time, but at least twice it got really bad (uncomfortable). I can not believe RCCL has not done something about it. I can only image the problem they will get into if by any chance the ship gets hit with one of those weird viruses and a lot of people get sick. With that smell its a law suit waiting to happen. This was our 4th cruise, 3rd with RCCL (3 night in Sovereign and 7 night in Voyager).. The other one was a 7 night in Caribbean Princess).

Embarkation: Really good, basically no wait and directly to the ship. We got there at about 2:00 PM. We went to the room and regretted not getting the spray for the odors.....

Room: Inside cabin- deck 3; small, but I got a really good fare less that 4 More weeks ago, so I can not complain ($225/person including all taxes and fees)

Service: Excellent. Again that part was really good. They are very friendly and nice.

Food: Dinners were good but were not spectacular. They need a lobster dinner in the 4 night cruise. It would be very nice specially for Formal nite. Windjammer breakfast and lunch were not too good. THey are like a $3.99 Chinese buffet. Both breakfast and Lunch in Princess were so much better. Lots of fresh fruit.. Majesty had some fruits but nothing nice (no pineapple or papayas) presentation was below average. Again dinners in main dinning rooms were fine.

Public Rooms: The rooms were good, but the one next to the casino is just horrible because its always full of smoke. ventilation has to be really bad. Again, deck 3 smells really bad...

Champagne Bar is really nice and quiet. I recommend it if you want to enjoy a drink, sit down and talk.

Entertaining: The shows were very good. Much better that the ones in Caribbean Princess. Cruise director was good and very involved.. Scheduling of some activities was a bit bad. Bingo was during dinner Rock climbing was great...

Ports of call: Nassau, Coco Cay and Key west: Been there before so we just walked for a little while and went back to the ship.

Overall the cruise served its purpose for us: To get away for a couple of days, without having to spend a lot of money. Room, food, shows for 4 nights for less that $500/couple its hard to beat.

I wanted to cruise only with RCCL to get higher in the Crown and Anchor programs to get some discounts and benefits, but I thing I will try some of the other cruise lines now. I can not believe after cruising VOyager of the Seas, that A RCCL would be so different.. They need to remodel Majesty. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>