Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DILWORTH E. DALEY

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DILWORTH E. DALEY
Explorer of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Precruise- On Thursday August 18 I left my home for a flight on Spirit airlines from Reagan National to Ft. Lauderdale to start my birthday vacation. On arriving in Miami I met my family who came in from Jamaica for our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Sunday. We stayed at the Starlite Hotel in Miami Beach for a 3 night stay. Lovely location and a lot to do in that area. Wonderful beach across the street and very good food establishments and lots of entertainment.

Well on August 21st my birthday it was time to see the ship. So we checked out of our hotel and headed to the pier.

EMBARKATION-We arrived around 1200 noon and saw a small line however since this was my fourth time with RCCL I really felt at ease with the whole process. With luggage checked we headed inside for the immigration process. I however did all the paperwork a week prior at home so the time literally flew by. So within 25 minutes or so we were on the ship. Wow what a ship Explorer Of The Seas very beautiful ship for being five years old.

This cruise took us to San Juan, PR, lovely island, St. Thomas what views, St. Maarten/St. Martin wonderful towns, and Nassau, Bahamas loved the Atlantis resort.

PUBLIC ROOMS-This is a very easy to navigate ship very well laid out. We entered on the Promenade level and the view is amazing great lightning very polished brass and gold like fixtures. We rested for a while then quickly went to the Windjammer for some food. Very well organized stations with thirst quenchers -- juices or water, healthy and sweet for desserts and other well marked places for main entrees. We had our lunch in the island grill section my favourite place to sit because of its location at the back of the ship.

We were still in Miami so what an incredible view of the downtown area. After eating it was time to tour the ship we looked at the Portofino restaurant nice looking but never had dinner there. On to the Promenade great place to hang out very cool stores. On to the casino lots of lights and a very interesting entrance with lots of things on the floor. We then ventured to the main dining room wow what a place. We had a table on the second floor the Dagama level. The sports deck a lot to do rock climbing, basketball court, swimming pools and my favorite the in line skating track. We had a balcony room what an incredible view.

DINING- We had most dinners in the Dagama dining room we had wonderful waiters Rafeeq from Trinidad and the main waiter from Turkey I am sorry I forgot his name. We had one dinner in Johnny Rockets my what great fries. Most breakfasts we had in the Windjammer and the Island Grill loved that too. Also had breakfast on the sea days in the room very prompt room service. Never hungry but good pizza in the Cafe Promenade.

ENTERTAINMENT-This is a ship were one has a lot of choices. We went to all the shows. Let me say the cruise director Clodagh O'Conner what a delight her talks of going to Ireland really enhanced the cruise experience. Loved the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers, singer Tony Tillman, comedian Carl Banks and my all time best the Planet Ice show. I went ice skating twice a Jamaican man skating amazing. Enjoyed the solarium pool relaxed their a lot and did the roller blading once. Never once was I bored not enough time to do it all.

VALUE-What a vacation special thanks to Rick-guest relations, Martin-concerige and Brent-international ambassador. RCCL you have a great and wonderful product keep up the good work. thank you for a spectacular birthday. I will return very soon -- your number one fan.

Publication Date: 09/27/05