Carnival Valor Cruise Review by MRSHONEYBUNNY

Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
September 4th 2005:

Embarkation took 1 hour from the time we arrived at port of Miami to actually walking into the ship. We went straight to our room (7368) to drop off out formal wear since we had decided to carry it on just in case (there was 1 case of someone losing their luggage for the entire trip) WE WERE UPGRADED!!! We got a balcony room when we paid for interior room! Anyway from there we just decided to just walk around and then went to the muster drill which wasn't bad at all. After the Muster drill went back to our room to watch Miami get smaller and smaller. We ended up with the 6:15p dinner in the Lincoln dinning room (we had requested the late dinner but had to be bumped up for a convention that was going on that wanted to late seating) where we met Marlene and Victor a couple who was celebrating their 1 year anniversary. We got along great! We were super lucky to

September 5th: Fun at Sea

1st day at sea we just decided to walk around the ship and see everything that there is to do. We ended up signing up for the Auction and for every day you go you get a free piece of art which I loved!! We just hung out around the ship then had to go get ready for formal night which we nice. The dinner in the Lincoln was good. Angel had the lobster which I HATED!! But all the other dishes were great since 1st they gave me the wrong order which was some kind of fish...very very good!!! The next was to tour of Japan or something which was ok but I liked the 1st one better. Anyway we ended our night in the Karaoke bar like always except this night DH decided to sing...too too funny!!

September 6th: Belize: Cave Tubing & Rainforest Exploration

Tendering was not bad, since we booked through Carnival it wasn't a big deal. From the port we had to get on a bus that took us to a rest stop where people changed into bathing suits and rented water shoes. Then the fun began.... The hiking was a lot but once you get to the top you get to go into the caves and that was nice. Very relaxing but not really much fun if you're looking for some rapids or something like that, we had in Jamaica for our honeymoon. I think this was our least favorite excursion. Anyway they took us back to the rest stop and gave us lunch.

September 7th: Isla Roatan, Honduras:

No tendering!!! We were on a tight budget and didn't really like anything so we just ended up going to the port shopping and back on the ship for our 3pm Couples Massage which was very nice but I've had better and don't think I will be using the spa on any future cruise for more than maybe 1 massage (we did 1 couples and on Friday we did hot stone massage) after the massage they try to sell you a bunch of stuff which we bought all but then ended up returning since they were so expensive. This night we ended up at Carnival Valor's Supper Club Scarletts. AWESOME!!!! DH had the lobster bisc & 24 oz porter house steak and I had the crab cakes and the surf and turf which was the best meal I've ever had in my life!!!!

September 8th: Grand Cayman: Snorkeling and Stingray Safari

2nd and last Tender Port. We booked this excursion through Carnival as well. The only part I didn't like was the walking from the port all the way back to where the busses were. But other than that it was our favorite excursion!! On the bus we were oriented to the area then we had to get on a boat out to the sandbar where the stingrays were. The only bad thing was we forgot the sunscreen and we got toasted!!! When I was told that kissing a stingray was good luck we gave the stingrays like 6 kisses lol. Anyway one of the tour guides took a camera and for $20 we got all our pictures with the stingrays we wanted although she said she usually only lets you get 3 or4 pictures. After a good 45 minutes we went Snorkeling which wasn't a big deal at all. We just spent our time taking pics of each other. It was not the best area to see the coral reefs…but it was better than nothing. After we got back to port we did some shopping and then back to the ship to get ready for the 2nd formal night. I can't complain food was always great!!!!

September 9th: Cozumel Mexico: XCaret

We woke up at 6:30am for our 7a, Hot Stone Massages (be careful with this because if you have to postpone or cancel they only let you do it 1 x or they will charge 50% which they did not tell us about.) after that we did our first trip to Rosies for buffet breakfast which was great. When we got to port we had to take a boat from Cozumel to the mainland. Once at Xcaret we were told we would only be there from 1:30-5:30p there is no way to do much with only 4 hours. DH refused to go to the underground river since it's below 60 degrees and we had done the cave tubing so we just went straight to the aquarium, turtle farm, snorkel area (be prepared to pay $10pp for gear) and then saw the pumas and leopards. Then we went to the butterfly aviary and then just ate lunch at a nice restaurant el Mexicano. That's all we had to time to do!!! Then back to port and we found my beautiful wedding band for work ( I have my regular one that goes with my engagement ring but it gets caught on my gloves at work) we got it for $240 when on the ship it was $400 so I was happy. That night we didn't have any time to have dinner on the ship so we went to the midnight buffet that was good. PSA: Turn your clocks 1 hour forward when you get back on the ship!!!!

September 10th: Fun at Sea

Another day to just relax we were extremely tired so we slept in and then went by the auction and got another free piece of art. I finally go around to go to the pool for about 1 hour and we missed our early seating so we just went to the late dinner at 9pm when the maitre' d knew what tables were available for the 8:30p seating. You can do that every night.

September 11th: Disembarkation

We had joined the Carnival Vacation club the day before and told that if we meet up in the disco at 8:30a we would be the 1st off but if we didn't we could still get off first. Well we decided to have breakfast with Marlene and victor our table mates and missed the 8:30 meeting and ended up being able to skip the line on the ship but not the one at port so it still took us at least 1 hour when it would of taken like 2 hours so all in all it wasn't that bad.

Pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/...=8AcuGLRk1btWXH