Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Edwin Lai: Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Edwin Lai
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2005

Truly, it is a fantastic trip for my first family cruise vacation. We are family of 4 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Navigator of the Seas by Royal Caribbean: The ship was loaded with every activity for every age group. It is so calm and stable on the sea. My daughter (11 age) loves the Adventure activities. My son (16 age) loves the Teen activities. We love every activity (show, game, food, dinner & room service etc). Except one thing is the smoking area is not enclosed. We have to smoke the 2nd hand as we pass the Bar on deck 3 & 4. Also on the deck 11 near the pool, all the smokers are gathered there.

Labadee (Royal's own port): Not much to see but just relax on the beach. Be sure to negotiate the price from the local reseller.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica: As we traveled on the West Caribbean route, I will recommend the local tour guide - Trevor Hudlin for Ocho Rios, Jamaica. He is not only provided the best price but the best service. He More introduces us the local drink - fresh coconut drink and famous Jamaica food - Jerk Chicken. We have visited Dunn's River Falls. It is fun. You can reach him by: http://trevorhudlintours.com Be sure to negotiate the price if you want to buy anything. You can buy Jamaica Rum on the store at the port. They sell for less than the town.

Grand Cayman Island: I will also recommend the local tour:- snorkeling with stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar on Grand Cayman Island by Captain Marvin. They provide the best service and price. The staffs are very helpful for non-swimmer (my wife). We saw a lot of beautiful different fishes because they feed the fish. Also they hand over some stingray to us to touch. At the end they provide fresh water to wash the salt water. You can reach Captain Marvin by www.captainmarvins.com

Cozumel, Mexico: I will recommend to visit the Chankanaab National Park on Cozumel, Mexico. The park provides every water activity you can spend for a whole day. Thus the local snuba service we used is not that great by Mayan Paradise Tours - Zorro 3 Reef Snorkel & Snuba Trip-Special Sept/Oct. No fish feeding and no fresh water to wash the salt water. Even the great price included with drink and fruit. We didn't see a lot of different fishes. Be sure to negotiate the price for everything including taxi in Cozumel. They are always over price. I recommend to buy from the store with price tag on each item. I suggest to buy from the stores at the port. The items are labeled with price tag.

Finally Miami: Be sure to negotiate the price for Taxi, don't take the meter. For sure, we will choose the cruise ship from Royal Caribbean again especially the big ship as Freedom of the Seas. Be aware to carry light hand carry or back pack, it may take a long time (2 hrs) leaving the ship to the US Immigration Dept. Hope this info will help the first time cruiser.

P.S. You can only bring 1.5 litre of alcohol per adult into Canada. Less