Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by MJBERW

Destination: Hawaii
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

It astounds me at how poor the service was aboard this ship. We arrived on board for our honeymoon and two of our bags did not. I was able to dress to the nines but my spouse only had the clothes that she wore on. No matter how much we complained, no one would look for the bags. As it turns out the bags were at the dock all of the time, in a room for missing luggage?? (I would never have thought to look in a room for missing luggage to find missing luggage). My wife was in tears and would not leave the stateroom most of the cruise. When we went to dinner, the wait staff would place us in dark corners away from the rest of the customers making her feel that her appearance was not satisfactory for their dining rooms.

The shore excursions were extremely overpriced and dull. We had 10 minutes to look and then they would scoot us along to the next locale.

The food was poor. No that is not accurate. It was unimaginative and everything was bland. The quality was no better then the school lunch lines that most of us had the pleasure of experiencing in public school.

We were offered a whole whopping $100 dollars for my wife to buy clothes onboard ship. I have to say that this was extremely satisfying since this allowed her to buy a bathrobe. The onboard store is extremely pricey with a very little selection. Items that she needed to buy were not available. We went shopping at Wal-Mart for one day of our trip. I was so looking forward to coming to Hawaii to check out Wal-Mart!

The entertainment was juvenile and didn't appeal to me. It felt like the staff was trying to babysit and not entertain. Finally, the staff was unhelpful, incompetent (at least the ones who were looking for our bags), and at best not very compassionate and at worst rude.

My experience left me wishing that I had scheduled oral surgery for this week. For a comparable price, it would have made for a much more pleasant experience.

I almost forgot the stateroom that they advertise and the one that I actually got were not similar. They caveat in their document but I paid for the best balcony room category and got a very small, cramped room.

Publication Date: 09/13/05