“Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

maricar Carnival Victory 5 Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean
maricar
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just got back from a week long cruise with Carnival Victory. As was mentioned in previous reviews, embarkation took approximately 2 hours. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised to find we were upgraded to balcony cabin. My family and I were so excited since there were 5 of us, the cabin provided extra room for us to relax. We missed the first night dinner in than main dining room and just ate pizza and burgers. We were so hungry from the trip and just grabbed a bite in the Lido deck. Food were average in the Mediterranean buffet, like a cafeteria. My family enjoyed eating in the Pacific dining room instead. My son ordered 2 entrees and 2 or 3 desserts. We enjoyed the formal dinner and have lots of portraits taken by the photographers. It was quite expensive though at $19.99 per sheet.

Entertainment were fun especially the comedians, the Newlywed show and the hairy chest contest. One Victory Idol contestant was very funny but the one I was rooting for didn't win so I was quite disappointed with the winner. The music and dance show were quite repetitive and gets boring after a while. We were at the Red Seas lounge a couple of times and dance along with the Filipino live band. Played bingo twice and won $750 on the cover all bingo. I think that was the highlight of our vacation.

Excursions were good especially snorkeling in St. Thomas. It was well worth it. I have never seen such beautiful and bountiful fishes in clear turquoise water. We went sailing in St. Maarten aboard Canada II and won the race. It was a once in a lifetime experience for us.

My kids went to Camp Carnival 3x during the whole week and enjoyed it but preferred to hang out with us most of the time. My daughter liked Freddy, the mascot of Carnival Victory.

Staff were helpful but sometimes we feel like being rushed in ordering during open sitting on breakfast and lunch. Some of them were impatient when we make some request. Otherwise, our regular waiters during dinner, ATM from Bali, Indonesia and Edmundo from Philippines were very accommodating and entertained our kids with magic and tricks.

Overall, our family had a fun vacation. Next time, we would try Royal Caribbean.

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?