“Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

vabchvabum Carnival Valor 5 Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
vabchvabum
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We just got back from the Western Caribbean. I will make this short and to the point.

The ship and staff were absolutely wonderful with one exception. Scarlet's was a total waste of money,The steak was not edible,it was full of gristle and even tho it was ordered Medium in places it had barely touched the grill. They have also raised the price from $25.00 to $30.00.

Our waiters in the Washington dining room were 5 star waiters, Hetut and "Tiger" both were from Bali, We enjoyed seeing them every eve.

In summation, yes I would cruise this Ship again. Josh the cruise director was friendly and funny.

Debarkation started to be very unpleasant and a very long line until they separated US citizens from the foreign citizens, then we were out of there and in our cabs in about 10 mins on the way to the airport.

Belize was very hot and is a very poor country,but the country is pretty and the ruins were very interesting. On Isla Roatan we took the Tabyana beach leisure excursion. I thought that the beach was one of the most beautiful beaches that my wife and myself have visited. Grand Cayman was a laid back day, did some shopping and went to HELL and back. Cozumel was real nice and the party island of the tour. We went on the Fury catamaran sail and snorkeling tour. The snorkeling wasn't great but the Margaritas and Beer were GREAT. They took us to a secluded beach for awhile and it real relaxing and lots of fun.

We hit a monsoon on the way back but by then it didn't matter.:-)).

Our overall experience was fantastic, other than We were on board with 750 people from the Santo Domingo Republic. They were very pushy and very rude and their kids were even more rude than the parents. I guess they felt like it was their ship and the rest of us were guest, that still didn't stop us from having a good time.

We felt this was a more laid back experience than our prev. sail on an RCCL ship.

Last item, other than Scarlet's the food was GREATTTTT.

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?