Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by firefighterhoop

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by firefighterhoop
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: firefighterhoop
Email: hoopster3145@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: August 2005
Cabin Category: L
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
HI, Just got back from a GREAT vacation on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Just some background on me so you know where I am coming from I am a 24 year old male traveling with Family.

We were scheduled to fly NWA to Miami, but switched to American at the last minute due to the NWA mechanic Strike - turns out it was a good Idea, says a mechanic that we know.

EMBARKATION - Started at about 11:30, approx. 50-70 people in the waiting area when we started the process. Went to the Platinum/Diamond area to check in. WHen he started to check us in, he told us we had to go to the pier coordinator. We went over to the desk there were 8 people standing around and 1 person doing the work. We waited 15 minutes to be helped, and we were told we owed $45.00 for a shore excursion. I asked what for, and the lady said, never mind It was a mistake! (HMM SOUNDS ODD) and gave us our room keys. On the ship by noon.

Life boat drill at 4:15.

FOOD - Normal cruise food, nothing special, nothing disgusting. Right about average. I will say one thing though about the service in the windjammer. It was really bad. Things would sit empty for long periods of time before getting refilled. The beverage stations were constantly running out of cups, and personnel issues like that.

The ship was in Great condition for going into Drydock in just a month. (Ship is a 2000). Very clean! And you could not tell there was over 3500 Passengers on board!

Clo O'connor was the Cruise Director. AWESOME! We loved her the last time on the Brilliance, and she was just as great now!

Johnny O was the Asst CD. He didn't please me too much. Very Hard to understand, and was never really visible except for BINGO.

Sunday - Embarkation

Monday - Sea Day (Formal Night 1) and Production Show

Tuesday - San Juan 2p-8p - Celebrity Showtime

Wed - St. Maarten 8a-5p Ice Show, Love and Marriage Show

Thurs - St. Thomas - THE QUEST - Production Show 2

Fri - At Sea - Comedian - FOrmal night 2

Sat - Nassau - Comedian

I was also very pleased that there were 2 late night adult comedy shows.

There were a lot of young teens (13-15) running around the ship until about 3am, and security wasn't really doing much about it. (Not a big deal, except for 2 nights they were talking very loud in several hallways.)

All in all, great trip. I know I was brief in my review, but if you have any questions at all and want me to go into detail please email me at hoopster3145@yahoo.com.

Publication Date: 08/30/05