Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Rob & Misty Kates: Carnival Triumph - Canada/New England

Rob & Misty Kates
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Canada/New England

Sail Date: August 2005
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

O.K. first off I would like to say that this website is excellent. My wife & I own a travel agency in South Jersey & I always refer my clients to this website to read these reviews.

O.K. on to Carnival Triumph..... My wife & I cruised on Triumph on 8/13/05 out of NY, this was our 3rd cruise (Voyager of the Seas & Disney Magic) & overall we had an excellent time. We drove to NY from NJ & thru the Lincoln Tunnel we were at the port with no confusion in less than 5 minutes. The port of NY is sooo convenient, you can park your car right the terminal your ship is docked at. Not to mention what a blessing by not having to fly!!

Embarkation was a breeze...You drop luggage at the door, show ID, get boarding pass at the counter & your ON BOARD!! Now we were on the ship around 11AM so just so you know you can board wayyyy before the 2pm designated time. We opted for the cheapy inside cabin for $529. Great room! Very clean, roomy, nice More painting instead of a window. I went to front desk for an upgrade & the boat was booked solid, there was no chance for an upgrade.

It was funny to see what the previous reviews said when I went on the ship, I wanted to see what was true & what wasn't. O.K. the ship is going in for renovations in a few weeks but there really isn't that much to notice as far as worn chairs, carpet, etc. I mean you had a chair here & there that showed some signs but nothing that really caught your eye. The elevators that was said to be slow...we'll they were,...really weird but it's true, you could be standing there for minutes at a time without anything happening.

The service was explained many times that they didn't make you feel like royalty & instead were just there as a job. That may be kinda true for some of the staff but our wait staff, stateroom staff & anyone I came into contact with were sooo nice. Clement from India was our waiter & was really awesome, will be maitre d' someday. o.k. the food was AWESOME!!! That was my curiosity with this Carnival cruise, how the food would pair up to Voyager & Disney. It was right up there with them, very, very good!!!

I was happy with every aspect of the ship with the exception of 1 thing that really cant be helped - THE KIDS!! Now I have 3 little ones & I do not have anything against kids whatsoever BUT there were sooo many kids on this cruise, I mean 12-17 year olds. They literally take over the ship. They took over the pools, they took over all of the jacuzzi's, & once nighttime came, they were everywhere. Walking thru the casinos, playing around on all of the elevators, all over the top deck running around. And as teenagers you cant expect their parents to keep them in the stateroom at night either. I have read this complaint on other reviews so take my advice, if this type of thing would get on your nerves, this is NOT the cruise for you. There is a pool area in the rear of the ship & they need to do what Voyager of the Seas did...make this area ADULTS ONLY!!

O.K. now on to the ports of call:

St. John, New Brunswick, Canada - There was a day at sea before arriving & it was foggy as anything, they blew that fog horn every 5 minutes. Whales follow the rear of the ship also so be on deck to see that (10) whales during our cruise. St. John was a very nice little, little, little, little town that has it's own charming personality. With that said I do not think this should be a cruise port of call. It's obvious Carnival needed another port to go to to make a 5 day cruise so they picked St. John. o.k. rule #1 - DO NOT PAY FOR ANY EXCURSIONS FOR THIS PORT. You can do everything soooo much cheaper with taxi's, tour bus's, etc. once your off the ship. Reversing falls is something they push a lot(boat ride through rapids). We saw this....DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. It is hardly rapids & everyone we spoke with were so disappointed. We took a taxi, $30 for an hour to see all sites & it was perfect.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - AWESOME, you could definitely spend a weekend here, they should just go here for (2) days instead. So beautiful it males you not want to come back to New Dirty. Now again in Nova Scotia DO NOT pay for any excursions thru Carnival, it's so much cheaper off the ship. We rented a 2005 black Ford Mustang convertible for $70 to see all of the sites. Peggy's Cove is the best thing to see in Nova Scotia & is 45 minutes away. All I can say is what a beautiful drive, the scenery, lighthouses, greenery is the best. Peggy's Cove was great for pictures, water crashing against the rocks, the quaint little harbor town, seafood soup!! Next was back to Halifax for the Titanic cemetery, then to the Maritime museum. This museum did not have a lot of Titanic information in it, mostly other maritime ships & things so know that before going in their. The harbor you dock at is wonderful, you could just spend the whole day there. Now they say these ports are usually foggy & gloomy but both of our days were bright & sunny, the captain said that was very rare!!

Overall this was an excellent cruise, we stole this 5 night cruise for less than $600 bucks each. At night you'll need sweatshirts on deck. The ship is beautiful, just beautiful. When it comes out of drydock in November it will be even more beautiful. I wish Carnival would cruise out of Philadelphia like RCL, NCL, & Celebrity do. I was so impressed with Carnival, they really do a great job. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>