Carnival Glory 5

“Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

cherick22
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

We sailed on 8/13/05 on a seven day cruise to the Western Caribbean. We arrived at Orlando airport and had arranged private transportation (Ace Luxury). We do not recommend this company, beware of their "drivers fee vs gratuity", also they require full payment of round trip after first leg. This was the only problem we had the whole week!

Embarkation was fast and easy, do have your Fun Pass filled out though. We had a balcony cabin that was perfect in every way. Our teenaged children had rooms across the hall from us that were plenty big for two people. The family of four with us had an interior cabin with bunks hanging from the ceiling and twin beds underneath 6353. The room was too crowded for four people and they immediately wished they had booked a balcony room. We had the time of our lives!

The service was outstanding, the ship clean and fun all the time. We rarely waited in lines and never felt that the ship was overcrowded in any way.

Our teenagers More had a ball and loved the freedom to wander around the ship. Be careful though, our sixteen year old girls were given free mixed drinks by some male bartenders.

I'm prone to seasickness and took meclazine three times a day. One very rarely felt movement though. Usually only in the Amber Palace at the front of the ship and the Platinum Dining Room at the rear (AFT).

We went to Key West, Belize and Cozumel. We did the cave tubing in Belize with a private tour company. One has to be very creative to get on the first tender if your not with a Carnival sponsored tour. E-mail me if you need specifics. Don't be deterred by Carnivals scare tactics about using private tours. Its all about money. We rented a van in Cozumel to go to town and spent the day at Paradise Beach. It was indeed paradise with warm water, water trampolines, snorkeling, hammocks, food and drinks served to you on your beach chair under an umbrella. Also massages on the beach for $1.00 per minute, henna tattoos, jet skis and parasailing. Incredible!

I could go on and on. Lets just say within one day back home I was researching our next cruise and it will be with Carnival. Feel free to E-mail me with any questions as this is my favorite subject. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: August 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children

Published 08/29/05

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?